Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Yes, the rose gardens were awesome. First time I’ve seen them in bloom.

Hint from swan and ducks - closing time.

5 Likes

I hope you went north a few miles and took benefit of The Mayfly.

10 Likes

We took the kids there many years ago. I remember walking along the road by the river, Polaroids on, and thinking… I should have brought my fly-rods. :laughing:

3 Likes

Lunch with sister and cousin there a few years ago. Good pub food.

(Despite the funny colours and style of the Mayfly fly - mine don’t look like that!)

1 Like

We are in Monthermé, in not so sunny Ardennes.

7 Likes

Nice drop of beer is that Orval.

I didn’t but I will check it out the next time I am down in that area !

The National Trust River Police would be out pronto !

The Mottisfont stretch of the River Test was teeming with mid-stream trout today.

£400 per rod per day during the Mayfly season!

2 Likes

20 minutes later, the sun is shining. This beer is brewed in the brasserie just across the river. You can’t get much more local.

8 Likes

Some of those cheeses must be local too…

He must be feeding the whole town with that plate full.

1 Like

There was quite a lot. We took the rest back in a doggy bag.

1 Like

I don’t blame you. That looks like a tasty selection.

My tastebuds are tingling, but my arteries are hardening just looking at that photo.

G

4 Likes

There is a reason it is that price !

Yeah, it’s all them rich buqqers stealin’ the fishing from the working man.

I think.

1 Like

You might need to pop an extra statin after all that cheese HH - the drug habits of the middle-aged!

1 Like

Had a rubbish day yesterday, age stress trying to get things sorted.
Bl00dy kid said he wouldn’t be back from the USA in time for the Eric Clapton concert we have tickets for at the RAH, they were staying longer for a wedding. Oh sh1t, needed to deal with tickets. Phoned the RAH and was told to list them on Twickets.live which I started quite well. Then it all went pants, the site was very slow, my email snailed and I got very stressed. Eventually listed and sold, but I really don’t need the stress. However, it seems to say I wont receive the money until a week after the event, seems a bit odd.
Of course, we dropped them off at Heathrow this morning at 5.30am, and have the privelege of going over every day to feed the cat, which bites me!

1 Like

Just checked TDC (top dead centre) is correct on my replacement aluminium crankshaft pulley. And it is :+1:

Hugely lighter than the cast iron item - all of the pulleys and sprockets have now been changed to aluminium.

11 Likes