Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Friends of mine took over Wingrove House for her 60th birthday on New Year’s Eve just gone. Had a brilliant time. As Sir Rowley Birkin QC would have said “Very, very drunk”

1 Like

I can only imagine! Marvellous TV, so marvellous I had to remind myself…

2 Likes

Willy went in a man, came out a boy :smile::smile:

3 Likes

My Willy wouldn’t make an appearance :grin:

4 Likes

Delivering election leaflets , walked further than I have done since January, left knee feels sore today

2 Likes

Work done time to put your feet up and enjoy a glass of red. :grin:

2 Likes

I went for a stroll along a brook in North London, took a small detour from the path and to Hendon Cemetery where my parents are buried. After paying my respects I wandered round the cemetery for a while, and came across this grave.

My plan had been to wander on to Kenwood House and have a brunch in the cafe, but hadn’t allowed for the crowds on a lovely sunny Bank Holiday Saturday. So strolled back across the Heath to Golders Green and ate there.

7 Likes

Oh did not know she had died. I many years ago bumped into her and her then boyfriend James Coburn at Starlight Express, in London.

My father in law and myself cut down two large fir trees yesterday, cut them into 2,5m pieces today and drove them over the field to the farm now. Hot in 25degrees. Im learning the tractor. It is from around 2000, so it is not the most modern, but still a lot of controls. Pretty interesting work.

8 Likes

It was news to me as well, Wiki tells me she died in 2014 at just 66.

1 Like

I had to look it up.

1 Like

Cernobbio Concorso D’ eleganza right now

4 Likes

More to come later

5 Likes

Surprisingly quiet at Kingston Lacy house today - the weather forecast has put lots of people off. Some nice cloud formations though - and atmospheric Philae Obelisk (with recent nicely done conservation work).

11 Likes

Unfortunetely this year again this shitty Blue grasso band Bandacadabra. I’ll drop them a bomb

I have a thirty year old Ercol two seater settee , and it is on the second set of covers (which is twenty years old)

The covers are showing their age and it is time for them to be replaced. Went to our local Ercol dealer , quoted £1850 for covers and base . A smaller lighter Ercol “smuggler” costs less and a leather one very slightly more .

The problem is the carcass is as good as new - and they will take it away for £50

Some big issues, if anybody has Sarah Moore’s telephone number …

Stayed in the hotel that used to be the Fiat works in Turin.

McLaren F1 won the Coppa D’Oro

F1 Again

3 Likes

Another impressive one, this Alpine prototype with hydrogen combustion engine, It sound like a proper proper race car

1 Like