Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

A few Maseratis

2 Likes

Cristian Von koenigsegg on the way out with the CC850 inspired to the very first ‘02 model. It’ incredibile how compact Is. 435x 202 cm 112cm high

1 Like

We’ve had a very relaxing weekend, with our lovely next door neighbour, who is having a really hard time with family, round for dinner last night. Far too much wine and as a consequence we didn’t get out of bed until 11am. Such decadence. Then it was leftovers for lunch, a nap, a walk and now dinner. Very unexciting, but really most pleasant.

People keep asking me what I’m doing for the bank holiday weekend. Not a lot is the answer. I remember when I was working and how we generally did something, but now being retired I’d rather avoid all the busyness and stay local.

8 Likes

I’ve been going to the same barbers for over 20 years and got to know the owner, Lee, pretty well. A really lovely man. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year and was due to start his chemotherapy this week. I went for a shearing this afternoon and asked one of his colleagues how Lee was getting on. I was told that he had a blood clot on Saturday, which went to his brain and he couldn’t be saved. Awful. He was only 53.

I then went for a long walk, on a grey, drizzly, windy horrible day, when even the swans looked gloomy.

9 Likes

That is truly terrible news, sorry for the loss of your friend. It just goes to show that each day is precious.

1 Like

You are so right. Lee didn’t cut much hair for the last couple of years, leaving the shop in the hands of his son Billy, so he could spend most of his time on the golf course, which he loved and was very good at. Billy is taking this week off, leaving Morgan in charge. The trouble is that people come in say every four to six weeks and everyone will ask ‘how’s your dad’, and it’s a question that can’t just be avoided. Morgan was knocked sideways by it and of course today was his first day back after the bank holiday. It’s a small village and nearly everyone knows Lee, who was much loved. Very sad.

2 Likes

A rather sad story and just highlights how fragile and vulnerable we are. I found out today a guy we’d met during my chemo sessions had passed away since we saw him last month, he was only 22.

We need to just take each day as it comes and most importantly be nice to each other.

18 Likes

That is so sad,

Ian

1 Like

Totally knackered myself at Stonehenge today - King Barrow Ridge to Durrington Walls then back to the stones via the Cursus. Didn’t even enter the stones pay area (it was packed out) but did get the bus back (wimp). About 10 miles I think.

7 Likes

No words for that Pete😥

1 Like

Got the final email out to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman about Sport England and the Sports Hub fiasco , getting to the end -

I think it is clear that they were required to evaluate the proposal against a set of criteria and they didn’t . If they had engaged with the local community , they would have found out the proposal was not regarded at all well by the community groups which would have been excluded at key times

It has been mind grinding trying to deal with these people

3 Likes

And we pay their wages

3 Likes

Is it a Countach of sorts?

I think there may be a clue on the windscreen. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes :man_facepalming:

Actually that and the subsequent one remind me of Transformers.

1 Like

The latter one reminds me of a Batmobile toy I had in the early ‘70s.

1 Like

Went to ‘Fragile Beauty: Photographs from the Sir Elton John and David Furnish Collection’ at the V&A.

4 Likes

The v and a exhibition is very good.
It includes Richard Avedons shot of Natasha kinski wrapped merely in a snake. Some years ago I had the opportunity of buying a signed original photo of this for £3000 but it was a really large print and I wasn’t sure if My wife would appreciate it on our wall… Another signed was sold a while ago for about £50000. I wish I’d bought it now!

4 Likes

Got up at 1.00am.

Left home at 2.00am.

Arrived at Birmingham airport at 3.00am, as requested. New scanners being used.

Got on plane at 5.30am.

By 8.15am I was expecting a better view from the aircraft window. Such joy!! Firstly a couple of drunk ‘ladies’ were removed by the police. Then the plane had a fault. Fixed eventually.

1 Like

There needs to be no alcohol at airports imo……drunk at that time.
Hope things improve

2 Likes