Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Not me but my son, interviewing Jennifer Saunders just now at the RA Summer Show party!

…and yes, “It’s absolutely fabulous!” he got her to say. Take direction Eddie!

G

3 Likes

It’s taken me since 8am to get this lot off just to get a Lambda boss TIG’d in the downpipe.

3 Likes

Her brother, Tim, used to work with me. We still meet up for lunch three or four times a year, Tim that is, not Jennifer.
Small world !

2 Likes

Ah… the classic rolled edge tailpipe of a modded Ford :sunglasses:

Is the Lambda boss going in to aid future mapping sessions or are you adding in closed loop Lambda control (IIRC the green top engines had them as standard) ?

Apologies if you’ve mentioned this further up the thread.

It’s for closed loop like the green tops. I’m using a level 8 ECU same as the green top engines.
The Weber Marelli ECU is already configured and will work in closed loop as soon as it detects the Lambda signal. Under 4000 rpm and and 4psi of boost the engine will operate in closed loop so pretty much most of the time realistically. Better MPG and less bore wear :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good plan - good luck with the rest of the rebuild :+1:

Ta. :slightly_smiling_face:

For a bit of nostalgia I replaced the factory system with a Tube Torque one in 1995. It lasted over twenty years before succumbing to stress fractures and was replaced with the one in my pics.
THe TT one had an inward rolled 3" tailpipe which I preferred.
:grinning:

1 Like

Ah yes, I had a Tube Torque system on my RS turbo which replaced a very noisy Scorpion system (complete with outward rolled edge tailpipe). Fun times :innocent:

1 Like

Mate’s Granada Mk1 at Tube Torque. Note side exit exhaust…

I should start a topic for classic Fords rather than polllute this one :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Found myself in the city of London yesterday and on the spur of the moment took the lift up to the 58th floor viewing platform at 22 bishopsgate. If you are in the area you should give it a go, it’s free and apparently higher than the viewing platform in the shard. Lots of teeny tiny trains to look at and little boats on the river. They even put on a bit of a show for me at tower bridge.

18 Likes

I thought you had to book in advance and it was limited with tickets only released a week before - all looked a bit of a phaff when I looked at it last year. Has that changed?

Amazing to think that is inside what was Londinium back in the day, with Bishops Gate in the Roman wall.

They also take spur of the moment walk ins. I got to the entrance and asked the question, security pointed me to a QR code. 45 seconds later I had a ticket on my phone and within a minute I was waiting at the lift. Not too busy either. I guess weekends may be more busy and maybe you wouldn’t be so lucky.

1 Like

It’s amazing how the city has changed over my working career Mike. As a kid I remember the Nat west tower being built and that seemed at the time to be a very tall thing. Now it’s a shrimp compared with the other buildings around it. You know you are getting old when you see buildings now being revamped or demolished that you can remember newly built.

3 Likes

I was working for BT on Cheapside when they built BT Centre down the road in the mid-80s, worked in there for a while in the 2000s, and have been watching its rebuild when meeting friends in the City.

2 Likes

Did you go to Farringdon Records in Cheapside? There was also an Our Price along the road as well.

2 Likes

I had many carrier bags from Farringdon records over the years.

1 Like

A classic shop which moved in 1991 to a massive shop in Leadenhall Market.

1 Like

On a different note, this morning I accepted an offer on my house in Yorkshire and placed an offer on a house in North London.

18 Likes