Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Congratulations. :+1:

2 Likes

Gonna need some bigger speakers, to broadcast all that way from North Yorks.

I’m assuming you will have some North facing windows? :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :wink:

Aw ra best in yer new hoose.

5 Likes

I started working in London about 65 years ago in the Minories. The road that leads in from the left of your photograph.
I should have gone for a look around to see any changes whilst I was able.
A 3bob luncheon voucher bought me a decent meal and desert with an afternoon chocolate bar. In and out in 20 minutes then down to Tower Hill on a sunny day to hear the orators. Donald Soper taught me the little I know of humanity.
IMG_2334

Strange how the brain can recall it all in 4K but what I went into the kitchen for moments ago still remains a mystery.
Sorry for rambling. Too cold to go out.

9 Likes

I went to see the stage version of Spirited Away at the Coliseum last night. It’s performed entirely by a Japanese cast so it is subtitled (well, surtitled actually) and has a full orchestra for the score. Absolutely bloody brilliant - I was blown away. It still manages to retain, and even enhance, the emotional heft of the original cartoon. There are still tickets available

1 Like

Got Lambda sensor boss fitted.

3 Likes

Sadly I’ve made a stupid error with this and now have some additional work to do tomorrow. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :angry:

That sounds really good, and reminds me to watch the film again. We moved from London years ago, don’t miss the business but do miss the culture.

I really would recommend a trip to London to see it if you can. Your avatar would be very happy

Classic Lake District walk - the Fairfield Horseshoe. Way more difficult than I remember - probably just age. Spent half an hour coaxing Lady BC down a 5 foot sheer drop at the bottom of one crag - “just slide down I’ve got you” didn’t have the desired effect. Could’ve sold tickets!

Followed by a couple of beers in the Golden Rule Ambleside, shower then tasting menu at the Old Stamp House. Pretty damn fine day.

14 Likes

Really enjoyed looking round Lytes Cary Manor this afternoon and just basking in the sun in their glorious gardens with an ice cream. Perfect !

9 Likes

Found this after a stormy night. A branch tried to get in to the woodshed ia the roof.

Next 24 will be chopping and adding to the drying stack. Then fix the dislodged tiles on the roof.

3 Likes

Yes, there are worse ways to spend a pleasant summer afternoon.

You could have stayed at home to watch England…

1 Like

Just read the thread and would like to wish you all the best in your new home Eoin. But fancy leaving me with Dave! :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks Alan, and my apologies. :grinning:

3 Likes

Apology accepted, and he’s really not that bad :grinning:

2 Likes

Awwwww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

love you really :heart: :heart:

1 Like

I’ll miss you both. Xx

3 Likes

Just offered up another of my limited days on this planet to the incompetence of Royal Mail.

Your parcel will arrive by 1500 Saturday.

I had to wait in as it was an expensive collection of bluray box sets.

It’s still in Chelmsford.

Last weeks parcel was sent to Frinton on sea rather than my local office.

For those who wave banners claiming ‘ Don’t use Amazon.’ I could have ordered them last night and the Amazon van has just completed his Avenue deliveries.

I know in the scale and order of thingies it’s not a major problem but…

There. Got that of my chest. Feel better already.

10 Likes

My postie is a lovely guy…….but the tracking system is sh*t…….Amazon know what they are doing and make shed loads of money.

3 Likes