Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

Not quite the last 24 hours but, I’ve moved to Saudi Arabia :flushed:

1 Like

Work?

Work for next three years.
Clearly I’ll need a small system as can’t take large system :slight_smile:

1 Like

That all sounds very civilised. My only experience of tellers locally in recent years has been them almost demanding to know my number and potentially how I voted so my back is up so to speak before I’ve even voted.

1 Like

Had a long lie in to recover from a busy week in which my wife and I flew to Belfast to pay our last respects to my Auntie who passed away at 92. Being the last of her generation in the family, and given that we have been to three other funerals of close family members over the last six years, we are running out of reasons to go back to N. Ireland.

Visiting Winchester today on the great Uni hunt for my son. Never been in my life before although I know lots of places in Hampshire!

Nice place.

Though I can’t help myself repeating the line from Shaun of the Dead!

1 Like

What will he be doing?

Drinking, partying?

1 Like

If you run out of relations I’ll stand you a pint. That sufficient incentive to visit?

Willy.

1 Like

At the Royal Opera House to see this

9 Likes

Film and TV production, i.e. making movies, he’s taken his time to figure out what he wants to do but that’s it. Made a couple of shorts and he’s won competitions with both, which has given him the confidence to go for it.

Interesting to see different Uni’s take on the subject. UAL wants you to be next Fellini, York is about being the professional’s professional (with a BSc instead of BA) and Winchester somewhere in between. Leeds and Bucks on the open day list too, plus a couple more tbc.

1 Like

Played in a 3 touch football tournament at Chelsea’s training ground, like England we progressed in the QF by the way of pens. Sadly lost 1-0 in the SF…good day all the same :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thought you‘d never ask :joy: (although I think it might be my round)

1 Like

That sounds a lot easier than my day, I spent 12 hours ‘knocking up’, getting people out to vote. These should have been known supporters from previous canvassing feedback, modified on the day with information from tellers. It was quite exhausting, but interesting to learn more about the life of an MP.

1 Like

It looks like giant, already bitten coconut pieces…

I’ve bought a Supernait. It’s the fifth one I own. At the end of the day, it’s my preferred amplifier.

2 Likes

My new gates. I am very well pleased. They are Iroko, a hard wood from managed forests in East and West Africa, finished with Osmo oil. They will tone down a bit and will more than likely out live me! :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

Just ordered a new back gate and panel in Iroko…….look very nice.

3 Likes

They actually look better in real life. That’s just my iPhone pic!

1 Like

Just painted the loft hatch with slow drying oil based paint. Went out and the Amazon delivery driver has put a package right on top of it. Can you believe that?

11 Likes