Things I’ve done in the last 24 hours

You are making it very difficult for yourself in getting that elusive like.

1 Like

Cocktails at The Parlour, Clerkenwell.

Lovely drinks, beautiful place.

If still open when we leave, a visit to St John’s garden just over the road is on…

7 Likes

Their top speed was around 400 mph . The early model Spitfires were about 350 mph (max) and the Mustang entered service with a top speed of 380 .

You can tell the sounds of Merlins

2 Likes

I was wondering about economical cruising speeds, clearly 250+ mph is no problem.

The sound was what caught my attention.

1 Like

Built to get to Berlin and back

2 Likes

It was our 39th wedding anniversary yesterday, visited a very nice garden centre outside of West Kingsdown, and then went to the pub in Chislehurst and the Italian restaurant a few doors away. Mrs W doesn’t remember coming home, or that we brought home leftovers, that would be the Primitivo. Both had a dreadful night sleeping. I think eat less, and drink more wine.

6 Likes

@steviebee in another life you could have been working at Hipgnosis. Those shots look like an Al Stewart album cover.

2 Likes

Lee-on-the-Solent?

Yesterday we met up with our friends from the Cotswolds at Kelmscott Manor (north of Swindon), the home of the Victorian designer/manufacturer William Morris.

Followed that with an excellent lunch at The Trout, on the banks of the Thames at Lechlade.

1 Like

Exactly so. We drove over and parked, then had a walk along the prom. It’s a rather strange place.

We then went to Gosport and pottered around, largely so I could see where the boy will be working. We fancied a beer, as you do, so popped in to a beer and vinyl place on the High Street. Rather than groovy young things it seemed to be populated by mature alkies, bladdered at 5.30. One guy bought four Jagermeisters and two Jagerbombs. I thought Jagerbombs had gone out of fashion about 15 years ago, but in Gosport it seems they are all the rage amongst the over 60s. Very, very strange.

Don’t forget the cycling helmet…

We’ve rarely been to Gosport (despite 40 years of living “just up the road”) - with the M27 being 10 minutes away from our house, the delights of Portsmouth and Southampton would always win out.

Fallen Acorn Brewery used to produce a fair “Pompey Royal” bitter (of which I used to consume a fair amount when younger), but they’ve gone. Last time in Gosport was at the War Memorial hospital with my wife when she collapsed in the kitchen.

If you fancy a Jagerbomb, you know where to go.

Katies?

I see they do beers from Staggeringly Good brewery in Fratton.

That’s the place.

Did a bit of decorating. Painted a ceiling with Zinseer b-i-n, followed by Zinseer ceiling pro 5-in-1.

Then watched the Wimbledon women’s final. Excellent quality play. Krejcikova was always going to win from the first few games. Brilliant intelligent player and deserved to win. Made a lot of unforced errors when the points mattered. She needs to work on that. I remember a thread a while ago where people thought Raducanu was great. I told you she wasn’t . I hope you watched today’s final and saw the difference. If you did and didn’t, it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

Maybe retired matelots?

Talking of ‘vinyl and…’ places - Southsea has a ‘Pie and Vinyl’ establishment. Good coffee and worth a rummage.

Walked to the farm shop in the village. In early January I got out of bed and found I could not walk across the bedroom. It turns out that I need both kneecaps replaced and had obviously a major tear in my right knee.
This was by far the most I had walked since then.
Today my knees is grumpy :rage: and we will see what it brings

8 Likes

Got myself a vice for free a few weeks ago. In good working condition. Removed all the paint yesterday. Now it is ready for Hammerite paint and grease. But i will remove some of the excess casting before paint. Will be a nice addition for the workshop to my father in law. Weight is 35kg.

10 Likes

Lovely piece of kit, but are you a metalworker?

1 Like