Things you shouldn't say to an audiophile

“What, you haven’t got any records? They’re back in now, you know. And it’s so easy these days: all you need is an Ion, which is a record player with a USB output you can plug into your computer and play tgrough its surround system, so you don’t need anything else.”

4 Likes

‘How many vinyls have you got?’

5 Likes

Is this “soundstage” in the room with us right now?

3 Likes

“PRaT you say? Yeah I’m looking at one right now.”

10 Likes

That’s the same tune as my car stereo.

2 Likes

You don’t need all that gear. I use a refurbished iPod, all my music at 128-Kbps, fits in a pocket and can plug it into a speaker at home. Sorted!

10 Likes

Me: Why is my left speaker 4 inches to the right of its normal position?

Son: My friends probably moved it so we could plug in their Xbox.

It took me half an hour to put things right.

8 Likes

I really wish I could put the Chief Inspector Dreyfus “eye-twitch” gif here… :joy:

4 Likes

you should put your LP12 photo here , with a suitable comment

Is that a slipmat “screech “

What do you mean, it hasn’t got voice control? My Alexa plays anything I ask it to. It’s just one speaker and hardly takes up any space in the kitchen. Have you tried one? I’m sure you’d find it much more convenient.

4 Likes

“You’re a what?”
Repeats: “Audiophile.”
“Strange, you seem proud of it. Are you on the list of sex offenders, or haven’t they caught you yet?”

3 Likes

Why have you got two radiators in the room?

2 Likes

While you were making coffee, I took the opportunity to sellotape a penny onto your stylus like my dad used to do…

8 Likes

What are you doing with that sandpaper?

4 Likes

The only green paper I’d use is this one. :scream: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:t2:

IMG_6868

1 Like

Some say olive is best

1 Like

Oh you use Linn Space Optimisation I wondered where the bass went.

3 Likes

The Naim label on your Nova has slipped. I’ve got some tape…

3 Likes

Cutting & scratching - you need two turntables & a mixer!