Throwback System Pics

Nice!

G

1 Like

I had one…and I replaced the chip with the Crown version.

That’s my system, around 2004

MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

I loved the 7x and initially didn’t want to change them, but the Kans were in a different league. I very quickly got over the ARs!

Excellent and under-rated amps both.

1 Like

ah for sure, I imagine Kains pair well with naim gears. I´ve been eyeing one Index II pair for a pretty good price, that would be nice to hear out sometime.

Looking at all these old systems isn’t it funny how the styling has changed surely there is only so many ways you can design a black box with buttons on but some have managed to pull it off

1 Like

I prefer their styling then to now, still looks quite sharp.

1 Like

Agree!

G

NBLs, DBLs, Ovator’s.

Bell NBL

16 Likes

These house birds are getting everywhere!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Chris,

Just seeing this amazing image of the DBL’s in your former living room makes me a bit homesick, and it wasn’t even my home! There was something so perfect about the way the DBL’s looked in your room. Wooden. Solid. In the room, but out of the way. I miss DBL’s; they had a unique magic when they were set up well, as I am sure yours would have been. The musical lines all sang. I will never forget hearing the DBL’s for the first time with Julian in 1990.

Times change and we move on.   Hopefully your system has continued to engage you and captivate you even with new speakers playing with your Naim electronics in your stunning newer home.

Be well,

Bruce
3 Likes

Ariston RD11 with the fantastic Mission 744 arm and Audio-Technica AT15sa cart, P6 with retipped Apheta, Heed Elixir (killer for the money), and Ryan R610 speakers. Pretty good system. 2017. Not too long ago!

7 Likes

That’s a nice set up - 2017 is more of a punt than a throwback though :laughing:

1 Like

This was my system as of 1994, except for the California Audio Labs CD player, which came in early 2000’s. At the time I was using a Denon CD player. Turntable is missing!

11 Likes

4 years—as an American, four years of 45 felt like an eternity…the past year felt like five itself!

5 Likes

@jhsnider Ah, of course, I now understand your feeling of living in an actual groundhog day. :+1:

Did a slight edit :wink:

1 Like

Jeez, could that look any more bleak / austere? Hope I was feeling okay at the time… (Ed: no, he wasn’t)

Circa 2000. CDS/PS / NAC52/PS / 2xNAP135 / SBLs. Apologies for the pic quality.

My LP12 is missing for some reason. Maybe away getting Prefixed? Also can’t remember why the CDS is on the floor – possibly someone on this forum suggested it?

The following year I went active with 2xNAP250. The year after that I sold the whole system and remained Naimless for the next 14 years!

7 Likes

Old: NBL (2002). New: Snell A3 (1990/2021) :sunglasses:

8 Likes