Tidal Connect

No that’s Tidal passing on the charge to its customers for the 30% Apple is charging them to sell in App Store. Not all developers do that. And some just avoid whole thing and can only subscribe outside the App Store.

Potato, patato.

This sort of misses the pint of my post but I’m guess I’m did bring up the cost too.

But what going on with the lossless Premium tier? Why is it shown that way within the Apple app and not anywhere else? Currently, Premium still only offers lossy aac.

I submitted question and they just sent info on the tiers listed on the web with Premium being lossy and received an app update today and they changed info there as well.

Looks like I was right. Didn’t expect a free tier but the $9.99 now included lossless. Even though Apple refunded my money the account wasn’t closed so testing now thru room and it is indeed lossless.

Dedicated thread here:

Just resurrecting this - how is this progressing? My discounted Tidal subscription expires mid-December, would like to check Tidal Connect on my Mu-so Qb 2 before deciding how to proceed…

It’s in late beta-test stage now, which typically means it’ll be another 2-3 weeks. First week in December, I predict (but don’t hold me to it!)

1 Like

Hi Clare,

Any updates here?

It’ll be this week - we’ll let everyone know when!

1 Like

I hope the new firmware will bring me a better balance,the last one 3.7.1 I’ve got is to bright for my taste

Hi all, not sure if this is right place to ask, but maybe you can point me in the right direction… Since Tidal connect update was released for the Atom it has totally changed my listening experience. Really so good!
However, my Samsung S21 decided to update itself to Android 12 last week, and ever since, I can no longer control the Atom volume directly from the Tidal app (via the up/down buttons on the side of the phone). Volume control still works via the Naim app, but I’ve rather got used to using the native Tidal app, and so this is a first world inconvenience. Anyone know how to get Tidal app to control the Atom volume? Thanks.

Have you fully powered down your S21 and restarted since the update? Worth a try.

Though there is known issue with Chromecast…

So it changed again after your previous attempt?

good for the moment…i said
After full reboot It was better but still not as good as before 3.7.1 firmware update

I know you said for the moment, but as far as I found there had been no further update, so I was curious. If it changes over time it probably rules out some possibilities, like different DSP settings being baked into this version. And others become more likely, like possibly some kind of runtime issue that surfaces only after the program executed for a while; or possibly some external influence that has nothing to do with the firmware

I use Tidal Connect with a pair of Sonos speakers in the kitchen. Same problem - volume can only be adjusted via the volume side buttons on iPhone or iPad. Don’t know whether this is just an iOS issue - I suspect not.

Everything is possible but as a fact 3.7.1 is brighter

Can confirm that this is a drawback of Android 12 - the physical volume buttons can no longer control external volume of Chromecast (and X-Connect) devices. You can still press the playback-device-button within Tidal and use the volume adjust bar there though

The update is here! I can happily report Tidal Connect seems to be working relatively well so far on my home office Mu-so Qb 2.

1 Like