Tidal Connect

I hope the new firmware will bring me a better balance,the last one 3.7.1 I’ve got is to bright for my taste

Hi all, not sure if this is right place to ask, but maybe you can point me in the right direction… Since Tidal connect update was released for the Atom it has totally changed my listening experience. Really so good!
However, my Samsung S21 decided to update itself to Android 12 last week, and ever since, I can no longer control the Atom volume directly from the Tidal app (via the up/down buttons on the side of the phone). Volume control still works via the Naim app, but I’ve rather got used to using the native Tidal app, and so this is a first world inconvenience. Anyone know how to get Tidal app to control the Atom volume? Thanks.

Have you fully powered down your S21 and restarted since the update? Worth a try.

Though there is known issue with Chromecast…

So it changed again after your previous attempt?

good for the moment…i said
After full reboot It was better but still not as good as before 3.7.1 firmware update

I know you said for the moment, but as far as I found there had been no further update, so I was curious. If it changes over time it probably rules out some possibilities, like different DSP settings being baked into this version. And others become more likely, like possibly some kind of runtime issue that surfaces only after the program executed for a while; or possibly some external influence that has nothing to do with the firmware

I use Tidal Connect with a pair of Sonos speakers in the kitchen. Same problem - volume can only be adjusted via the volume side buttons on iPhone or iPad. Don’t know whether this is just an iOS issue - I suspect not.

Everything is possible but as a fact 3.7.1 is brighter

Can confirm that this is a drawback of Android 12 - the physical volume buttons can no longer control external volume of Chromecast (and X-Connect) devices. You can still press the playback-device-button within Tidal and use the volume adjust bar there though

The update is here! I can happily report Tidal Connect seems to be working relatively well so far on my home office Mu-so Qb 2.

1 Like

Can we use TIDAL Connect on 2 speakers at the same time? I have a muso 2 and muso qb2 placed in the same room that I used to create a chromecast group for. I can’t do it now with tidal connect and have to use multiroom on Naim app

TIDAL Connect itself doesn’t support multi room, but it’s easy to enable via the Naim App - while still using the TIDAL app as your main controller.

Just start a track playing in the TIDAL App, activate TIDAL Connect to a Naim device, switch briefly to the Naim App to enable multi room to other Naim devices, then go back to TIDAL and enjoy

2 Likes

Thanks Clare

Not sure if anyone reported this but I find both my Mu-So 2nd gens to have become a bit unstable since the last firmware update…

Where invariably both Mu-So’s used to be rock stable and always available in the Naim app I now often have to reboot them because they for instance do not wake up from sleep, or when they do wake up from sleep sometimes start stuttering while playing music.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Sorry to hear that. Did you power cycle both Mu-so after the update, as advised? It’s a major update, so we recommend a quick cycle - unplug the Mu-so from the mains for 30 seconds then reconnect.

Also check you are on latest version of the Naim App, and power down/back up your phone/tablet.

Hi Clare

Yes on all counts. I have physically disconnected power multiple times on both devices. All apps on all phones and tablets are fully updated. Everything by the book. It also doesn’t happen daily but on an irregular basis. Typical usage of both Mu-So’s has not changed.

FYI current setup:
Mu-So 2nd gen wired cat 6e 1gbit
Mu-So QB 2nd gen wireless on 2.4ghz
Wi-Fi network 2x Asus RT-AX88U in Mesh with wired backhaul

Cheers W.

There’s an App update in the next few days that will
allow you to run a network diagnostic - I would suggest that once it’s live.

2 Likes

I too have experienced slight instability on multiroom streaming. Short drop out of song about once every few minutes. It’s very frustrating. Powered off etc. This was never an issue before update.

Can Tidal connect work from desktop browser? I think that is possible for Spotify connect and I know that i can use Tidal application for desktop, but is only available for Windows and i don’t like this particular OS.

According to Tidal, it only works from the (iOS or Android) app (see What do I need in order to use TIDAL Connect? on https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004565898-How-to-Use-TIDAL-Connect [this very article was already linked to by @Naim.Marketing BTW]).