Tidal not working through Naim App

For some reason, I can’t play Tidal through my Uniti. It was OK the other day and all the software and firmware is up to date. The Tidal app on my phone works fine. This has been reported before I noticed, and there is another recent thread on the subject: Tidal not working

I am using the Android app on my tablet. Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Same problem here using iPad and Superuniti

Seems to be a network error.

Same here. Tidal stopped working on my ND5XS this morning. Naim app on both iPhoneX and iPadAir getting the can’t play error.

Working ok here in Muso Qb (1st gen)

I’ve mailed @stevesky at Naim. He says it looks to be working OK from where he is, but I’ve asked him to investigate further if possible.

Many thanks, Richard.

Same here

My tidal has stopped working on my muso

There does seem to be some kind of issue that has suddenly appeared with the Tidal log in that’s affecting kit using the original streaming platform.

Steve at Naim is aware of it but of course, typically it has occurred just as the weekend has started, so whether Tidal can fix it before Monday, I don’t know. He’s going to chase up Tidal and I’ll keep you informed of any developments.

Many thanks. To compensate, we pulled out lots of vinyl and had a listening session with The Mamas And The Papas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now it stopped working here too. It’s a pity since this weekend would have been first in a while when there would have been chance to explore some new music.

Well, back to the old vinyls then…

Sorry to hear issues. No issue here in Aus with:

• Firmware 3.5.1.4972
  • Tidal 2.15.0
  • iOS app 5.18
  • iOS app 5.19 (beta)

David, it only affects earlier products using that particular streaming engine. Current platform products are unaffected.

It appears that Tidal seem to have changed something with the log-in that stops the earlier platform from working properly. Steve H said he was trying to contact Tidal engineering last night to let let them know.

2 Likes

Same problem: TIDAL stopped working on my SuperUnity.

Same here. Tidal dead (sweden). 272 V4.6
Spotify, iRadio etc works but Tidal shows ERROR, Can’t play.

My 272 isn’t playing TIDAL either - hope it’s sorted soon - back to ripped CDs and vinyl for me!

Same here. Listened to several cd’s since a long time. Back to the old days :grin:

Hi there, Just to top up what @Richard.Dane has said, It would appear that a recent and unannounced Tidal API update has created connection issues for certain older Naim products. I appreciate how frustrating this is but currently a fix is out of our hands I’m afraid. We’re pursuing Tidal to get them to take some remedial action as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Are there legal agreements in that Tidal and such cannot make modifications rendering a Naim product feature unusable when you made Tidal part of a product when selling it? I mean, can we potentially lose Tidal if they don’t want to fix this and Naim cannot release an update solving it on their side?