Time for a change?

Ooh, I’ve never vaped an amplifier!
More ‘clouds, bro…’ with a 500 than a 300, d’you reckon?

I’d be interested in your findings.

1 Like

Yeah, she’s back after an extended trip to Salisbury.

We have music again :grinning:

7 Likes

She ?

Yes. By convention native English speakers tend to call large mechanical devices, eg cars, amplifiers, battleships, as she.

5 Likes

I learned something today :+1:

5 Likes

Although in these days of gender fluidity I’d be wary of anything that could be misconstrued as gender stereotyping… :thinking::grinning:

2 Likes

You’d better avoid French then, though guess what gender a bagette is? Hint, the shape is misleading.

Ends in e so feminine (not always true but a useful guess)

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

l’ampli est de retour et sonne bien ?

1 Like

Easy… iPad & a 5italic

It’s la baguette.

Interestingly that the word baguette comes from the Latin baculum which became baccheto (Italian) meaning staff or stick.

1 Like

Not the meaning of baculum now?

2 Likes

:-1: 36 years young here, with a nice multibox setup I’ve had the pleasure of building over the years.

1 Like

Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery, hmm… but weakness, folly, failure also. Yes: failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Popeye, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters

Well what a revelation, it seems that for the last few months I have been flogging a dead horse. My 500 wasn’t working as it should have been. Now my 500PSU has been fixed it’s obvious that it wasn’t right at all.

There’s nothing wrong with my new room, the new power supply, mains extension or mythic g else, the 500 was just plain poorly and that explains the crap sound I had been listening too since it came back from service and DR’ed.

Happy in one way that I have a proper sound gain, even happier I can finally hear the huge improvement DRing had on my system but hugely disappointed I have had months of a poor system feeling my system wouldn’t work in our new house and I had wasted lol that money.

Anyway, it’s back, it’s still cold, the system has been powered down for weeks but enjoying my music immensely :blush:

16 Likes

That is good but also bad, how did it leave Naim HQ like that?

I would love to know, more importantly, why didn’t I send it back earlier although it would have been impossible to spot s there were so many unknowns at the time!

3 Likes

It’s a little disconcerting that an expensive piece of audio gear can come back from the factory faulty. Are there others out there that have similar faults and don’t know it?

Indeed, it makes you think. I thought all goods were signed off, especially the 500 series.

On the plus side, I can finally hear how good the serviced XPS-t is, the tuner is absolutely stunning!

2 Likes