Trying to get going with a ND5 XS 2

I run the same combo of SN2 + HiCap DR + ND5 XS2 and can also agree that adding the HiCap DR is a worthwhile improvement. I mainly found it tightened up the timing on the bass and added a little more control to the sound overall. A worthy addition for sure!

3 Likes

I kept mine after a 2 week home demo.

3 Likes

@Stephen_Tate have you by any chance still got the Credos and their crossovers in storage somewhere. I wonder how they would sound on your Nait XS2? Forgive me if I have asked this before, or if I have and you have answered.

Iā€™m trying to get at whether the above sounds better than the streaming box with SN3 that you liked at your dealer?

Hi Chris,
yes I still have my Credos with passive crossovers. My son is using them. I said he could look after them. Getting them back might be hard work, hence why I have been trying to go one better with some Allaesā€¦:grin:

The ND5 XS 2 with Supernait 3 is a very capable system indeed and I suspect this combo would easily trounce my slimline active system from old (which I also still have).

1 Like

Cool. Thereā€™s not much sense in throwing $$$$s at the problem to my mind, if there is a far cheaper and more synergistic solution elsewhere.

Allaes pop up, and at prices that make me weep.

1 Like

I also still have my CD5Si and NAIT 5Si. Crikey, iā€™m starting to hoard quite a collection hereā€¦:thinking:

1 Like

Cash in the Attic ;-):smiley::+1:

1 Like

If you have solid walls why not just get some SBLs. They are so much better than Allaes and take up less space. Sell every single bit of unused equipment and the ND5, get an NDX2 and forget about upgrades.

4 Likes

Ooohā€¦ .the thought of a NDX 2ā€¦Gert Lush.

1 Like

Forget Stephen. After you will dream of the 555dr, then better electronics for that source, then speakers, suoerluminaā€¦
SN3 eventually.

2 Likes

Sorry to derail the thread But iā€™ve one concern over Tidal,please.
Assuming youā€™ve either the possibility to choose over tidal mqa vs. traditional lossless content played by a 1st generation streamer ,which one to pick?
Since not supporting mqa could the mqa even work worse than the traditional?

I have just upgraded my telephone cable. lā€™m not joking. This is a denim jacket with the fur collar. Superb man! Absolutely SUPERB!:sunglasses:

1 Like

One of the reasons Iā€™ve gone that Iā€™ve actually gone a bit quiet latelyā€¦ I canā€™t believe it!

Stevie Nicks is in my front room right now! The best Ā£8 I have ever spent!

Must dashā€¦!!

Steven, could I ask you to put Stevie Nicks down for a minute and explain what telephone cable you have substituted with what. I assume this cable goes between the router and the incoming telephone point. If so a replacement should cost pennies (well Ā£8 apparently) so no harm in trying.

Dives for cover.

Hi Nigel,
I have replaced my cable from modem to router. l was using my ISP cable but thought to get a longer Cat 5e one from The River and am blown away by the improvement. No, this is NOT a wind up!

Itā€™s like Iā€™ve put the Vodka back in but without the Vodka! MAD!

Even my partner noticed an improvement so itā€™s not just me. Am I going mad here?really?

There is definitely more punch with added dynamics without sacrificing anything else.

Ah, OK, I assume the cable has the smaller telephone plugs at each end? What make/model of cable did you go for?

3m ADSL 2 + Super High Speed Telephone Extension Cable RJ11 to RJ11 DSL Cat5e Broadband Internet Modem BT up to 10 Times Faster Standard Phone.

1 Like

Cheers.

I might just give that a go and will advise if indeed you have gone mad.

Now please attend to Stevie, she is far more important.

1 Like

Oh I am Nigel.The music is absolutely wonderful tonight! Thanks!:+1:

2 Likes