Unhappy with the new NAIM update

Sorry to hear you have ongoing issues. All good here now.

G

1 Like

What has done the trick at your system? Factory reset?

Yes, and for good measure power down and unplug for an hour. Delete and reload app after power up. Richard also recommends a reboot of your router.

NSS 333/300 of course.

G

Done exactly the same except app reload …

@ChrisBell thanks.
I am reluctant to reset nd555 for 2 reasons
1- I am a member of The Jazz Groove and my stations are hidef and no advertising.
It is unclear to me how to add these stations once they’re lost. Can find the regular Jazz Groove stations listed but they are not hidef and have adverts. I had to add these hidef stations when vtuner was in play. Now I don’t see how to add stations not listed in Naim app.
If anyone knows how to add these stations using current Naim radio format please let me know.

2- since firmware update my systems still sounds fine. In fact I thought sounded better, perhaps since initial impressions by forumites was quite positive.

My main hesitation is that I don’t want to lose The Jazz Groove hidef stations

David

I’d leave well alone, but if you do reset, the above thread is taking requests.

G

If my The Jazz Groove stations are listed in presets, will they be saved after nd555 reset? Will preset radio stations be saved?
If so then I will do the reset
@GraemeH thoughts?

1 Like

@Stevesky has said in one f his many posts in the last month that this functionality will be added in November and advised people like you with premium accounts stick with the old internet radio arrangements until then.

3 Likes

Good to know
Thanks @davidhendon

So why are you considering a factory reset then? This thread is weird. People are even changing their grounding settings. It’s bizarre.

3 Likes

If you are happy with the sound then I would not mess with it.

I can’t comment on The Jazz Groove stations, that’s above my pay grade.

Today I did factory reset of my 333 and I switched the grounding switch back to default. Unfortunately this did not result in the expected improvement. When I switched the grounding switch back to floating the SQ improved. In some kind of way this FW update does not completely match with my system.

2 Likes

We all want that little bit of extra, @Mike_S
As you know most of us are a bit crazy, myself included
I’m staying pat for now.
David

1 Like

@NigelB do you think that Catsnake 6a would tame a bit of HF sharpness compared to BJC6a?

I’ve tried a raft of cables to try and tame it but the character still remains unfortunately!

3 Likes

I am not familiar with BJC cables but I have a full loom of CatSnake 6a (with one end of the shield connected to the Ethernet plug in each cable) and AQ Vodka as the last leg.

That last leg of Vodka definitely sharpen things up and brings a more ‘alive’ sound, so the the complete full loom of CatSnake was definitely smoother, which I guess you would prefer.

Whether a full loom of CatSnake will be less sharp than BJC, I cannot say. What I can say is I have found that the effect of CatSnake in my system was to bring openness and balance. Revealing without being harsh. Great in my system.

2 Likes

Many thanks for your insight, Nigel.

It’s so frustrating…

1 Like

Yes it is…

I love the new fw on my ND5XS2 into NDS, 52, 135, SL2s.

3 Likes