Uniti Nova - Can't Wake Display

Yes, if you cannot get further help from your dealer or distributor then by all means please get in touch with Naim directly.

I was in my dealer on tuesday and they have had problems with Star, in the end as Naim could not reproduce the problem someone from R&D came out. It was the first time they had been able to see and reproduce the problem, and were able to recover useful data for them to use back at Salisbury. The Star does not seem to interact with the local network at the dealer, so with everyone having a potentially different network, i do have sympathy with the guys in r&d.

Remove Google WiFi from my network? Changing from WiFi to Ethernet connection? Why? All the features on the device in this class must work perfectly. Do I have to put the device in a weightless state or in a vacuum for all the options to work? It’s a compromise. That is not the solution. Again, I love the Naim sound, but too much trouble. I should enjoy music, not switching off options to make everything work fine. This is an all in one device, not an integral amplifier.

4 Likes

That wasn’t really my point, sorry if it wasn’t clear. I was merely sharing the things I’ve done since I initially had this problem, up until now when I don’t.

I don’t know your setup, it wasn’t a suggestion. I think these things should work as advertised straight out the box, without needing to compromise. But I also accept that I don’t live in a perfect world, and that sometimes a degree of compromise helps me get through the day. But you do you.

I understand you completely, but life situations should never be compared with a device. Money does not grow on wood and if I paid for something, I would like it to work as it says in the description. My device works fine when I turn off tidal, airplay, crhromecast and server mode. What do I have after that? Integral amplifier. Do you hear the buzz of the transformer when the device is turned on and volume is off?

@Richard.Dane - is it possible to get an explanation from Naim?

I’m afraid I don’t know - all I know is its an issue that appears to occur with some users, and Naim are determined to get to the bottom of it and fix it. You could always contact them and ask directly.

They said that some users have problems after the last update. The new update 3.4 will be in January 2020. OK, maybe the update will fix the situation, but what to do with the buzz of the transformer?

Display not showing on my 1 month old Nova today. Also, USB input not showing up on my updated iOS app. Did a hard shut down and restart and all is OK now.

1 Like

Two days ago I got a brand new device. The device is working fine and I have no problems I had before. This is the fourth device. I can’t put together the Naim brand and these issues that come with a fairly expensive device. I hope the problems are the past and I can finally enjoy the music.

A brand new option on an Android app that I didn’t have before.

But what does it do? :thinking:

Seriously, I can’t work out what “Use hardware buttons for volume” means for the Nova. Any ideas?

Does it mean that you can use the phone/tablet volume buttons?

Think I read on another thread it’s an option to use + or - buttons instead of slider for volume control

1 Like

Spot on. Thanks for that. Obvious when you know!

1 Like

In fact that is another new setting.

All in all this update has quietly improved the app quite a bit.

1 Like

yes

Very happy with this new function, I did ask Naim for this 2 years ago. I was used to this with my previous Yamaha musiccast all in one. :grin:

Brand new Nova after last update. What to say? Third device.