Uniti Star Display Disappears after Firmware Upgrade

He’s coming over tomorrow with another router to try (netgear) he uses a netgear one in the shop and at home but I don’t know the model yet…

Also on G fast Bt

Finally, Naim have contacted me with instruction on how to downgrade to 2.61.
Their recommendation after downgrading is to upgrade to 3.2 providing everything is working OK.
Do I or don’t I?
I think I’ll give it a week or 2 just to make sure everything is OK. I can upgrade to 3.2 any time and by then there may be some response from them with regards to the problem.
Is there anyone here who has done the reinstall of 3.2 who can comment on it’s stability.

Here’s an interesting theory that we will never get an answer to. What’s the chances that they quickly realised there was a problem with the initial release of 3.2. The first people to upgrade have had issues, those that downloaded a bit later, after the release of a ‘fixed’ 3.2, haven’t had any issues. I was an early adopter of 3.2, updating the day it came out. This could explain why some have problems when others don’t. Just a theory, no evidence to prove one way or the other. :joy:
I guess @Hifi-dog’s experience with swapping units puts a possible damper on that. :joy:

Still not had this issue once. My display is set to be off during playback and does so, it comes back when I walk up to it or press the button on the remote. Never locked up. So it does seem odd that some do and some don’t. So maybe something changed in the network stack thats causing this in certain setups. Mines not a straightforward setup but is a stable network, the Atom is connected to 2960 switch which in turn connects to a Unifi Switch that’s connected to the Router and then the router connects to modem.

If they have changed 3.2 since initial release then it will show up in the build number, if you can find an early adopter and a late adopter to check.

But anyway I’m sure Naim will say what needs to be done when they have sorted the issue out.
Best

David

D’oh! Of course. :+1:

Also the beta testers didn’t see this problem at all and that would have been the release candidate build…

Best

David

Ok … I gave in, the itch was too itchy not to scratch. Have upgraded to 3.2. We’ll see how it goes. If it all goes into elevated mammary mode I can always downgrade again now that I have the 2.61 file.
Just for info the version I have is 3.2.0.4222.

That’s the orginal version then as I downloaded that on the day of release

Thanks for clarifying that. We’ll see how it goes.

Ok dealer been round and router swapped as we are convinced it’s network as his nova froze also... I’ll report over the next few days...

Has your post been chopped short?

Oh yes, ! It finish we swapped routers as the shop nova locked up at mine also so network issue seems likely… will report back in a few days…

Was the shop nova on 3.2?

Yep. Installed last week ahead of me borrowing it.

I’m still not convinced its your network hardware.
If your network worked OK with 2.61 there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work with 3.2.
I still think it’s network related, as I have since my first post here but I’m leaning towards either a failed/corrupted installation or Naim have, for whatever reasons, rewritten some of the code for the ethernet protocol.
What confuses this issue though is that your Nova appeared to work OK at the dealer and your dealers Nova failed at yours. I’m still trying to get my head around this.
By the way, you asked in a previous post if the network port was still ‘live’ when the Nova was in standby, yes is the answer. I can ping it and it returns a response.

See my post in the other thread. Downgrade Upgrade (2.61 <> 3.2.0.4222) seems to have worked (at least since yesterday afternoon)

Yesterday evening and this morning the unit functioned exactly as it should. It woke up from standby, responded to the remote, no display stuck. Display blacked out after 2 hours (unwanted for me, but behavior as implemented), but came alive a soon as I used the remote. I’m astonished. Up until now this downgrade/upgrade seems to work for me. I’ll keep my breath for the next few days. BTW, I’m running on 3.2.0.4222 now

Yes that is odd but so far so good…I may well ask for the previous software and then reinstall 3.2

Give it a try … It was sent to me within the hour.

Took a week for Naim to get back to me. That was after 3 emails to them.:joy::joy::joy: