Uniti Star Display Disappears after Firmware Upgrade

Will do but in the pub prior to seeing Metallica at Twickenham…

1 Like

Whole day yesterday and also this morning no problems. Weird but true.

Well, I got the old firmware this morning from support (2.6) installed it and everything is working just fine again. Naim really do need to get the next firmware version sorted out before releasing it on the unsuspecting public!

The idea is to reinstall 3.2 after downgrading to 2.61.
Ron has done it, I have done it and it’s holding up quite well so far.
It’s your choice though, if you’re happy with 2.61 then go with it. :+1:

And another day without problems today ! On 3.2 …

I received a reply from support suggesting I reset the Nova by holding in standby and star Favourites button at the same time - new one on me and it did not reset the Nova, anyway I reset normally via settings menu and then unplugged for 15 mins as they also suggested. Despite doing all this before albeit i didn’t switch off for 15 mins it seems fine now 3 days later. It seems maybe the firmware in some cases needs a few resets to implement fully hence it’s ok for some and not others. Also might explain why sq was not right for everyone initially. Hopefully it’ll stay good but time will tell. Network is irrelevant as I suspected.

Yes and no. The problem isn’t with the users network hardware, it’s the way the Uniti was appearing to interact with it.

Perhaps but I remain unconvinced, we may never know!

Never a truer word. :joy:

So the problem lies with the Nova?

The firmware / Nova

Don’t forget the Star and Atom as well. They are all afflicted.

Alas, this mrning, after 3 days without problems, the atom woke up with a non-responsive display again and needed a hard reset. Firmware downgrade and then upgrade is not the solution

This should be the correct reset.
Power down your unit to deep sleep mode (this procedure applies only Nova and Star models) so that it’s safe to unplug the mains lead and then hold the buttons standby and star (favourites) and replace the lead.This should activate the factory reset procedure.
When your unit has finished resetting, please then perform a power cycle. To do this, power down your unit (note: for security unplug speaker cables) and unplug the power lead. Leave the unit for 15 minutes and plugin speaker cables then plug the power lead back in and power up.

Epic fail! Ok this morning, switched to standby for about 6 hours, now problems return. Argggghhhh!
Back to 2.61
Another email sent.

I did the retrograde then upgrade. Same problem. Now back on 2.6.1 with no issues. I’m staying there until the problem is sorted out.

Have you told naim? They need to know all the differing failures so a proper fix can be released.

2 Likes

I posted this in the Nova screen freeze topic as well;

A possible work-around:

My Nova seems to get ‘stuck’/freeze on the home screen when I switch to the ‘internet radio’ input from a ‘chromecast’ input.

Although a cycle through ‘deep sleep’ (long hold of the standby button) would usually fix it, I stumbled on an easier way to ‘unfreeze’ the screen.

With my remote, I tap the ‘up arrow’ so that it highlights ‘home’ at the top of the Nova screen. I then tap the center ‘enter’, then ‘return’, and finally the ‘down arrow’ to the main home screen. Voila, the screen is working again and will display whatever is currently streaming.

I is probably a firmware or display driver bug that should be fixed in the next firmware update.

I hope this works for others.
Marty

My dealer suggested something. I said I put new batteries in last week and they were dead yesterday am. I had set the motion detector off on the remote as it was very sensitive so he thinks it’s possible that the remote is transmitting all the time and jamming things . So gonna take batteries out and go back to just bt router and try that.

This is getting more obscure by the minute. :joy::joy:.
So you’re not convinced the wifi has anything to do with it. Has your Nova had another relapse after your wifi experiments? :+1: