UnitiServe software update question

Phoning them seems to be a more effective way of getting a response.

The issue for me is that I don’t have a home land line and a company owned Cell phone isn’t going to work either . I have yet to have a reply to my original ticket other than a robot response acknowledging that they received it. does Naim have a toll free number ?

[date=2022-02-03 time=13:17:00 timezone="America/Los_Angeles"]

So Just how long should someone have to wait for a response ? I’m a patient person but I feel as though I have been forgotten about

@Stevesky Why don’t you just put the Unitiserve 1.7c update on the website now? Clearly Naim technical support have lots of other priorities that keep their attention elsewhere currently.

Just take it off my Dropbox

1 Like

@robert_h

Hi, can you just confirm, for this bear of very little brain, that the file I need is to upgrade my HDX is NSHDX_Upgrade_v1.7c.ZIP, contained within the “Upgrade” folder?

Presumably, it won’t matter that I’m on a MacBook, I just need to burn the file to a CD, which then goes into the HDX in order to automatically perform the upgrade as in the distant past … … … it’s been a while!

Yes, instructions in the pdf starting 12-001-0090, it says 1.7b but same applies to c.

Thanks a lot for this.
Can you please confirm the devices for the five upgrade files?
I have a Uniti Serve on 1.7b with a hard drive, not the SSD, so would like to get the right one

Thanks, Ian

You want the last one, NSSRV. The others are for different products, as shown in the file name, the NS01, 2 and 3 (they are NaimNet products in case you wonder) and the HDX.

1 Like

It’s completely baffling why, after some years, and many, many requests, this five minute task has not been done. It would benefit both customers and Naim themselves. It’s just weird.

2 Likes

You can’t make a mistake as the product will only run the correct update file. The full update CD image has all of them on it and when you feed the CD into the product, it chooses the correct one.

But presumably downloading just the correct Zip file, burning to CD and inserting to Serve will work?

OK , I’ll burn the image when I get back home . If for any reason I was to screw this up, is there a way to reimage the Unitiserve back to normal ( I’m asking for a friend :slight_smile: and also Thank you for your help.

Perhaps @robert_h can confirm that you just burn the relevant file to a CD? Assuming that is the way then it’s a one way street after that, there is no going backwards, but it should be fine.

Incidentally you do need it to be on 1.7b already before you do this update. I think you said earlier that it was on 1.7b but the thread’s getting long enough that it’s just easier to make the point again!

Yes . I am at 1.7b at this time .

1 Like

Instructions I received from Naim support below. Worked ok for me and hope same for you!

How to burn a disc, and update your unit to 1.7c

1. If you do not have “CD Burning Software” on your PC, follow this link: Express Burn Free Burning Software for CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays., download and install “Express Burn” to your computer.

2. Download the "1.7c Update Package Folder " file to your computer, and place it on your Desktop. Download it from here: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

3. Open the downloaded “1.7c Update Package Folder”, and then Right-Click on the downloaded “ISO file”, and select “Burn with Express Burn” (or use your own burning software).

4. When the dialogue box opens, change the “Write Speed to 16x”, and check the “Verify Burned Content” box.

5. Place a “Blank CD-R” disc into the computer CD read/write drawer.

6. When the blank disc loads, the option to “Burn” will illuminate on the Express Burn dialogue box - Click “Burn”.

7. When the disc has finished burning, simply place the disc into the HDX, UnitiServe, NS01, 02, 03 and wait for the update process to complete.

8. The disc will “Auto-Eject” after a few seconds, and then the update will take place. The update can take a while, so leave it for around 30 minutes to be certain.

9. After your unit has updated, you will also need to update the Desktop Client (DTC).

10. The updated DTC is contained within the downloaded folder. Simply remove the version that you currently have on your PC, and install the newer version.

1 Like

Those instructions are relevant to the whole ISO disc image to be downloaded from a download site which has expired. So it doesn’t help much unfortunately.

You need to make a cd with the upgrade folder in it.
Like this: (ignore this is 1.7a it’s the same)
Don’t unzip anything, the unit will find its own zip file.

1 Like

That’s good to know as I unzipped the files to a CD and nothing happen.
last week end Ithrough out a stack of burnable CDs having not used them in 15 years only to need a couple a week later :confounded:

1 Like

So I burned a disk following the above directions and nothing happened . The CD just spun around inside the Unitiserve for 30 minutes until I decided to remove it .
the Good new is that I filed a new ticket with Focal Naim and received an immediate response followed by another email asking for email and address info . basically starting the process over again but what have I got to lose.