Unni Pizza Oven

…Anyone else have one? We love ours. It makes the best authentic tasting pizza outside Napoli.

Sure, it’s a challenge to feed a lot of people but once the wine is flowing and you get a conveyer system going, it’s great fun.

5 Likes

I have seen them, but not being operated or how good they work. Interesting post

1 Like

That is tempting but I would like to have a traditional one so that I could bake bread and put my meat in.

That looks very interesting. I looked them up and they are now called Ooni it seems. There is a version that uses both pellets and gas, which is probably more practical. I’d be interested in a little more detail from Graeme about how easy it is to use.

Yes my eldest has one.
Really good and so quick. Got to be careful not to burn them, though I do like a hint of charred base and toppings!

Great thread!

We are considering one, so all info useful. Whilst I am also considering making a traditional style one, that not only will wait until after a house move planned for 2-3 years time, an attraction about the Unni is its claimed very fast heat-up time, meaning that you don’t have to plan when you’re going to use it. Then having seen blurb on it we bcame aware that there are other vaguely similar product, and intended to look into them before deciding, but not done anything yet.

Some questions
Does it really heat up as fast as they say?
What is a typical real-life time between one pizza and the next being ready?
How many pizzas can you cook on a single charge of wood pellets?Can you top up the wood pellets while in use?

Should give you all the info. Two summers with ours and some really memorable evenings with friends.

G

G

Thanks!
It is indeed tempting…

I was really tempted, but it looked like too much fussing with pellets and the like.

In the end, I bought a Chadwick oven https://www.chadwickoven.com and i’m really happy with it.

It would be interesting to know how the two compare - the Oono appears to maybe get hotter than the Chadwick, as piizzas cook faster, maybe more like an authentic wood oven, against which greater risk of burning. The Chadwick is usable indoors, an advantage for year-round use, and the Uuno in the garden, an advantage when weather invites alfresco dining. The Chadwick is a lot more expensive than the wood pellet version of the Uuono, though maybe (just a guess) the wood pellets cost more than the gas used by the Chadwick.

I note the Chadwick requires a gas hob, not working with induction - which makes it non-contender for me, unless the advantages are so great as to justify the an extra cost, hassle and storage space for a burner and gas cylinder.

The price for the chadwick at £500 puts me off, you can get a whole built in oven for that money. But it is a neat solution for all year use?

these ones, a bit more expensive, look good in a garden.

the second one is Brazero Forno. around 800 GBP

1 Like

If I was going for something that big I’d build one, and certainly not spend that sort of money!

60 cm height and 75 cm length for the Brazero
uni pizza is 33 X 33

Verdict: you are right IB. I didn’t imagine that the Uni was so compact.

Or, you could opt for the simple, and considerably cheaper option of one of these:

Ferrari G3 Delizia pizza oven.

No, it’s neither traditional, nor wood burning, but it does turn out delicious pizza, especially during those cold, wet, winter days, when one is not tempted to cook outside.

Besides, one can also claim to have joined the Ferrari owners club!:smile:

2 Likes

Dan Chadwick owns my local and they use his ovens every Monday for Pizza night. Tasty too. I’ve also been looking at these

in the big one you can put 9 pizzas. IB can also burn all his lps :crazy_face::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Might make good fuel…

1 Like

We just use a pizza stone in a hot oven.

1 Like