Vinyl releases on pre order

Creation Rebel - Close Encounters Of the Third World, On-U-Sound (2024)

Another reissue of an early Adrian Sherwood production and again remastered by Frank Merrit.

81Yaaer8ICL._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

1 Like

Very much looking forward to this release

1 Like

Cassie Kinoshi - Gratitude, K7 (2024)

Member of Korokor and Seed Ensemble Cassie Kinoshi releases her new album, gratitude , on 22 March in what will be her debut release on leading Chicago imprint, International Anthem . Featuring her band seed. alongside turntablist NikNak and the London Contemporary Orchestra , the music was recorded at a thrilling concert at the Southbank Centre in March 2023.

Should be a cracking LP the first single is available to stream on Tidal etc…

Empirical - Wonder is the Beginning, Whirlwind Recordings (2024)

Greg Foat - Live at Villa Maximus, Mykonos (feat. Warren Hampshire & Ayo Salawu)

1 Like

Looking forward to receiving the vinyl reissue of Nico’s The Marble Index at the end of March. Apparently it has been “mastered from the original tapes”, whatever that may signify when it comes to how the vinyl itself was cut…

8 Likes

Okvsho - A Place Between Us, Big Wax (2024)

Really looking forward to this unfortunately could only find a red vinyl copy.

Not strictly pre-order. But have recently received a couple of UHQR albums, Pretzel Logic and Aja, yes they do sound a lot better than the standard 180 grm pressings but certainly not £150 better IMHO.

Tim

1 Like

The only Nico recording that I have is the (in)famous first Velvet Underground LP.

I believe that she and Jim Morrison were “friends”.

1 Like

Frank Turner

1 Like

Four brilliant new OJC/Craft reissues out from April. The Red Garland and the Coltrane and Burrell are remastered by Matthew Lutthans at Cohearent Audio the other two by KG.

3 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Gigolo, Blue Note Classic Series (2024)

Not Lee’s best but still an excellent record and of course featuring his old Jazz Messenger pal
Wayne Shorter.

2 Likes

Wayne Shorter - Juju, Blue Note Classic Series (2024)

My favourite Wayne Shorter record and one that I don’t own on vinyl so a real treat for me featuring
Elvin Jones, McCoy Tyner and Reggie Workman Optimal please get this one right.

6 Likes

Maybe not his best but one of his better ones, IMO.

My sentiment too not his best but still an excellent record and any recording featuring both Lee and Wayne together is a must for me.

Ganavya - Like The Sky I’ve Been Too Quiet, Native Rebel (2024)

Produced by and featuring Shabaka Hutchings this is a recording of real beauty can’t wait.

1 Like

I have both Gigilo and JuJu you just posted as MMJ45s. I think the new Kevin Gray remasters on BN Classics series should be excellent (as lomng as Optimal doesn’t screw it up). JuJu is notable for the rhythm section of McCoy Tyner, Reggie Workman and Elvin Jones.

1 Like

Donald Byrd - Byrds Eye View, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2024)

Donald’s first record as leader recorded in 1955 for the Transition label with a brilliant line up of
Art Blakey, Horace Silver, Hank Mobley, Doug Watkins & Joe Gordon another fantastic pick by the Tone Poet gang. Featuring a cracking version of Everything Happens To Me.

1 Like

Chico Hamilton ft Larry Coryell - The Dealer, Verve By Request (2024)

2 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson - Total Eclipse, BN/TP (2024)

5 Likes