Vinyl releases on pre order

OK, thank you for explaining. I see now. So there really isn’t a new release of this on preorder. I was confused since you posted it here, and this in the wrong thread for it. We use this thread to share news of new releases and new reissues up for preorder, not used records or new old stock.

Maybe you meant to post this in the classical thread or the thread on recent vinyl purchases?

I think that this LP disappeared from the catalogue long ago. I posted about it on this thread, as I thought that it was a new US re-release.

1 Like

I probably don’t need another Mahler 4 anyway. :slight_smile:

Wasn’t me re Mahler 4. I was commenting on BobtheBuilder’s post about the forthcoming Alice Coltrane, which is going to be grand.

Who’s doing that Alice Coltrane reissue? Is it a Verve By Request one?

@JosquinDesPrez - it’s an Impulse! release. I have the files and it’s a fantastic live album- highly recommended.

4 Likes

I will anxiously wait for August to replace my mediocre copy of this very nice album by Verve Acoustic Sounds.

Getz, Carter, Corea, Con Alma, remastered from analog, ingredients for a good one.

IMG_1885

7 Likes

Anthony Williams - Life Time, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2024)

Recorded in August 1964 and released in the same year I prefer Life Time to ‘Spring’ which came out two years later I especially like the heavily percussive ‘Memory’ and Herbie Hancock & Ron Carter’s playing on ‘Barb’s Song to the Wizard’ is special can’t wait to get a copy and play it on my system.

5 Likes

Sonny Rollins - A Night at the Village Vanguard The Complete Masters, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2024)

This expanded triple LP is taken for the first time directly from RVG’s 7.5ips tapes used with his portable Ampex 601 tape deck these recordings where then transferred to his main 15ips deck for the mastering of the original release. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Alina Bzhezhinska & Tony Kofi - Altera Vita, Bbe Music (2024)

Dedicated to and influenced by Pharoah Sanders this LP by harpist Alina Bzhezhinska and saxophonist Tony Kofi if the title track is anything to go be should be fantastic.

3 Likes

Nubiyan Twist - Find Your Flame, K7 (2024)

51UmbUSzjoL.AC

Creation Rebel - Rebel Vibrations, On-U-Sound (2024)

Early Adrian Sherwood from 1979 reissued and cut by Frank Merrit at The Carvery.

2 Likes

Melissa Aldana - Echoes of the Inner Prophet, Blue Note (2024)

The follow up to the excellent 12 Stars Melissa’s first record on Blue Note this new recording is co produced by Lage Lund who also plays on guitar on it. The title track is dedicated to Wayne Shorter.

Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses: Suspended In Dusk ( GREEN/BLACK VINYL)

An alternative version of the classic album which I didn’t know existed. The difference is:

“This version of the album features a different cover with an alternate photo from the John Wadsworth shoot, an alternate tracklist with 9 songs, some varying lengths from the original and now includes the song Suspended In Dusk.”

Comes out April. Think I’ll place an order.

1 Like

Chet Baker - Signature, Red Records (2024)

More information on this latest release from Italian label Red Records. Recorded on 14th September 1985 at The 12th Foggia Jazz Festival in Italy featuring probably Chet’s best band of the 1980’s a Trio featuring Belgians Phillip Catherine on Guitar and Jean - Louis Rassinfosse on bass. Restored and remixed from the original tapes so probably with some digital element involved then remastered by
Rinaldo Donati at Maxine Studio, Milano in 2023 and pressed at Pallas

1 Like

Luther Vandross first two releases with his band Luther from 1976 & 1977 are being reissued to coincide with the new documentary called Never Too Much.

Luther - Luther, Cotilion (2024)

Luther - This Close to You, Cotilion (2024)

Herbie Hancock - Speak Like a Child, BN/Classic Series (2024)

6 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson - Happenings, BN/Classic Series (2024)

1 Like

Shabaka - Perceive its Beauty, Acknowledge its Grace, Impulse Records (2024)

Shabaka Hutchings continues his move away from playing saxophone publicly and on this new record and again concentrates more on playing the flute, the first track released from Perceive its Beauty… called ‘End of Innocence’ follows on from the much more laid back sound of his debut Afrikan Culture.
Recorded at RVG’s legendary NJ studio and featuring collaborations from André 3000, Floating Points, Laraaji, Moses Sumney, Lianne La Havas, Esperanza Spalding and E L U C I D it could even have some crossover appeal.

1 Like

Jazz Artists Guild - Newport rebels, Candid (2024)

Remastered by Bernie Grundman.

1 Like