Vinyl releases on pre order

That cover could also be posted in the Funny/Worse Covers. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah it’s his idea of what a comedy hip funk star looked like in the 80’s very funny. I can remember guys looking that bad out clubbing back then.

1 Like

Here is Dabeull Live for the uninitiated not most of your cups of tea but like his compatriots Daft Punk he is as his album title describes a real Analogue devotee.

This Town (Music From The Original BBC Series)

From the excellent BBC series This Town written by Peaky Blinders author Steven Knight.

BACK TO BLACK: SONGS FROM THE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE

Another excellent soundtrack from the Amy Winehouse Biopic Back to Black.

2 Likes

Nice to see Sade’s back catalogue rereleased and I was able to fill in the two missing LP’s in my collection for sensible money Soldier of Love for £21 and Lovers Rock which is £16 on Amazon at the moment.

7 Likes

Kenny Wheeler, Lee Konitz, Dave Holland & Bill Frisell - Angel Song (ECM)

Part of their Luminessence series.

4 Likes

Araon Frazer - Into the Blue, Dead Oceans (2024)

1 Like

Patrice Rushton - Remind Me, The Classic Elektra Recordings 1976-1984, K7 (2024)

3 Disc Compilation for a very acceptable £31 let’s hope the get the pressing right and The Carvery don’t mess with the sound too much as her earliest records where mastered and cut by Bernie Grundman and Chris Bellman.

2 Likes

As part of the bicentennial celebration of Bruckner’s birthday, DG Classics is releasing C.M. Giulini/VPO Bruckner Symphonies 7-9 for the first time on vinyl. These are remastered by the same team of Rainer Malliard and Sidney Meyer who are responsible for the most excellent The Original Source reissues series of 70s-era multitrack classical recordings.

Frank Merritt and The Carvery has been doing the recent Gil Scott-Heron re-releases on Ace (as well as work for BBE, Strut, Arc etc) Bob, and they’re fantastic. Along with Caspar at Gearbox, he’s probably the UK’s best cutting engineer. They’re based in East London and I’ve been round there, some real kosher gear. Check out their website and socials - and there are some photos of the setup here:

(For clarity: Not affiliated with The Carvery in any way, I just think Frank does great work)

1 Like

Yes I have a number of FM remasters and they’ve all been excellent

1 Like

Thanks for this Bob, have now pre ordered the lot, massive Fomo even though I have the this far box set

1 Like

Remember seeing that group do the ‘Angel Song’ material when they toured the UK, early 2000s.

1 Like

Delroy Wilson - The Cool Operator, North Parade (2024)

Arooj Aftab - Night Reign, Verve (2024)

The multi talented Arooj Aftab’s folllow up to the excellent Vulture Prince.

3 Likes

Nduduzo Makhathini - uNomkhubulwane, Blue Note (2024)

1 Like

Sugar Minott - Bitter Sweet, MOV (2024)

Reissue of this 1979 relelease produced by King Jammy.

1 Like

Acoustic Sounds new Pablo Records series. I would say that the original Pablo releases are all available for very reasonable sums a lot less than these £50 reissues I can’t say if they are better as I’ve not compared these but the originals are excellent. I do have an original AP Ella Fitzgerald/Joe Pass and also the original Pablo and whilst the AP is better is it worth treble? No it isn’t.

2 Likes

Many of the original Pablos can still be picked up for around the £5 mark, with a few exceptions.

1 Like