Vinyl releases on pre order

As I said in my post I’ve actually compared an original AP Pablo with an original Pablo and the difference though better in favour of the AP isn’t worth the huge difference.

I was never a great fan of the sonics on original Pablo LPs. Lots of roll-off at the top end and vinyl quality reflective of the 70s oil crisis. Granz pumped money into the operation and released a lot though - I remember well that you could pick up their LPs on any old high street at Smiths and Boots.

Bill Evans - Momentum, Timeless/MOV (2024)

Another Timeless and Music on Vinyl release this time a Live recording from 1972 at Stadsschouwburg in Groningen, the Netherlands and available for the first time on vinyl.

2 Likes

Kenny Dorham & Jackie McLean - Inta Somethin’, BN/Pacific Jazz (2024)

New Tone Poet

2 Likes

Doug Watkins - Watkins at Large, BN/Transition (2024)

Another new Tone Poet.

3 Likes

Has it been released Bob?

I thought it was due in June ?

Both of these Tone Poets are scheduled for release first Friday of June.

This a Pre Order thread Bevo it is available on pre order though.

Oops apology Bob didn’t read the thread heading

Yes I have it on pre order - thought I’d missed the release date

I have it in CD , it’s a great album

1 Like

Israel Vibration - Strength of My Life, Real Gone Music (2024)

2 Likes

Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio, Impulse/Verve by Request (2024)

Another Third Man Records, Verve by Request release.

3 Likes

I think I’ll wait for the review of this reissue. Verve by Request has issues with mastering at times. The Don Cherry Art Deco reissue is mastered so flat and lifeless you have to turn the volume way up to hear anything. I made a mistake buying it. Tracking Angle panned it for that reason too.

Yes they have been very hit and miss which is why I haven’t been all in with them I’ve got four or five and they are ok not Tone Poet good but ok also the titles I purchased where round the £25 mark the £35 to £40 they are asking now just isn’t good value.

1 Like

Nat Birchall - Dimension of the Drums, Roots Reggae Instrumentals, AOS (2024)

Jazzman Nat Birchall again turns his hand to Reggae music and again plays all the instruments and produces the album himself.

1 Like

Out on 31/05/24 on 180g vinyl.
Looking forward to it and hope it’s a decent pressing.

Thanks Tony I’ve just pre ordered this.

1 Like

Bob Marley & Friends - The Bob Marley Songbook, Charly (2024)

Disc 2 looks very interesting might wait for vinyl reviews though.

Is is a vinyl reissue of one of the sessions put out on either the previously issued Vol 1 or Vol 2 CDs?

I really couldn’t tell you. I looked in a few places but no luck. Let’s us know if you find anything at all.

Checked the CDs. The Vol 1 CD has one session from 1965 and Vol 2 has two from 1965 so I guess it’s highly likely that the vinyl duplicates material from these sessions.

2 Likes