Vinyl releases on pre order

I’ll be preordering this later. Although I already own 3 of the albums in this set…:face_with_peeking_eye:

Wayne Smith - Youthman Skanking, VP Records (2024)

Top draw reggae record reissued on VP.

youthman-skanking-wayne-smith

Thanks for that, I may go for that set myself. I don’t have many Giulini records in my collection, except for the obligatory ‘Don Giovanni’ (EMI).

1 Like

Interesting, does Peter Swain know about Wayne’s other activities at Cymbiosis?

3 Likes

Malcolm Jiyane Tree-O - True Story, New Soil Records (2024)

Following on from 2021’s brilliant album Umdali (if you haven’t heard it then do so) the vinyl issue is top class is this new release True Story I’ve only heard one track so far South African Jam and if that is anything to go by it should be as good as Umdali.

This Zimbabwean trombonist and multi instrumentalist is a rising star of African Jazz who was championed by Shabaka Hutchings early in his career, really looking forward to this one.

1 Like

The Kenny Burrell Trio – A Night At The Vanguard, Verve by Request (2024)

Really tempted by this but might have to wait for pressing reviews, cracking record though.

4 Likes

Marion Rampal - Oizel, Autre Distribution (2024)

Beautiful album from French vocalist Marion Rampal.

3 Likes

Carla Morrison - DJENME LLORAR, Diggers Factory (2024)

Another beautiful vocal LP a reissue of Mexican vocalist Carla Morrison’s 2012 LP.

1 Like

Billie Holiday - Body and Soul, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2024)

Should be quality.

71FbKrJDbwL.AC_SX679

3 Likes

Not my cup of tea but one for you Don Cherry fans.

1 Like

I’m really annoyed because my RSD2019 copy of SoS was damaged!

Fantastic record (as is vol 2). I had the original many years ago.

Go nicely with my copy of Another Workout. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Linval Thompson - Cultivator, Easy Star (2024)

Brand new 7" single from Linval Thompson.

2 Likes

Mother Earth - The People Tree, Acid Jazz (2024)

30th anniversary release of this excellent record remastered from the original analogue tapes but by who I’ve not been able to find out. Double album featuring the original plus a some previously unreleased, alternate tracks.

1 Like

Never dipped in to any ‘Acid’ Jazz as far as I’m aware. Do you have any recommendations for me to investigate this Sub-Genre Bob?

I gather this album is sitting outside of the original source series as the masters are digital? Does anyone else know if this is the case? Regardless, and given the team working on this at EBS, I suspect they will have done a great job to make the sonics as outstanding as possible.

This just arrived four days before release date.
Rather Chuffed. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

It’s a label, not a genre.

1 Like

Yes it is but it was a style of music admittedly not specific to the label but personally for want of a better term at the time I always thought of it as Acid Jazz.

1 Like