Vinyl releases on pre order

Just ordered the Limited Edition box set of Beth Hart’s new studio album, You Still Got Me, to be released October 25th.

May I ask from where?

Acony Records is proud to present Woodland , the new album by Gillian Welch & David Rawlings. Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee at Welch and Rawlings’ own Woodland Sound Studio. Mastered directly from the original tapes through custom Ortofon amplifiers to a Neumann VMS-80 cutting system. Produced by David Rawlings

4 Likes

Mascot Label Group HL
I would post a link, but I’ll get a slap on the wrist again and I’ve had a couple of those recently🫣

2 Likes

Thanks QS – I thought it was probably this source. I’ve sprung for the CD.

1 Like

Alfa Mist & Amika Quartet - Recurrence (Live at Kings Place), Sekito Records (2024)

Really looking forward to this live recording

2 Likes

Chet Baker - Baker’s Holiday - Limelight/Acoustic Sounds (2024)

Not everyones cup of tea but an inspired choice by Acoustic Sounds and one I’m very happy about as you can’t buy a decent mono or stereo copy in the UK inc shipping and taxes for less than £100 and believe me I’ve been looking for a good few years.

The records producers at a point in Chet’s career when he really was failing gave him some great and sympathetic material in reworking some of Billie Holidays hits 10 tracks, 5 instrumental and 5 Chet sings on. Arranged by Jimmy Mundy joint composer of Travelin’ Light the opening track and backed by some excellent musicians amongst others Connie Kay, Hank Jones and Richard Davies Chet is at his very, very best.

2 Likes

Donald Byrd - Royal Flush, BN/Classic Series (2024)

Another excellent choice from Blue Note.

51sZYOLKKNL.AC_SX679

2 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - A Night in Tunisia, BN/Classic Series

Another must buy.

2 Likes

A stunner:

3 Likes

Thanks Bob, just ordered.

1 Like

No worries hope you enjoy it. It’s really lovely slow jazz much like his Chet Baker Sings record from the ‘50’s.

1 Like

Yep, not much love for Pat around here! I love the BSL album as already stated. Just got a notification that it will be awaiting me on my arrival home this afternoon!

1 Like

I want to buy that simply for the cover

5 Likes

For me any Pat and Jaco album is a must have :sunglasses:.

Enjoy your copy, I am ordering when local prices are lowered a bit.

1 Like

Art Blakey & His Jazz Messengers - Art Blakey & His Jazz Messengers, Impulse/VBR (2024)

Reservations over Verve By Request/ Third Man Records releases are well documented on this thread and if you are up for paying north of £60 for a Speakers Corner or much more for an Analogue Productions 45rpm copy then look away.

I collect Lee Morgan, Wayne Shorter Jazz Messenger records when I can so I really hope this Third Man reissue is one of the better ones because I really want to own it. This first AB&HJM sextet and I believe only their only recording for Impulse records is very good indeed the playing is exemplary and the track selection is very good too, so fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Morbid Angel “Volume 1” SIGNED Deluxe 6 LP Vinyl Box Set

Pre-ordered this which includes “the first four classic albums, namely ‘Altars Of Madness’, ‘Blessed Are The Sick’, ‘Covenant’ and ‘Domination’, the live album ‘Entangled In Chaos’ and for the first time in around 3 decades, the ultra rare ‘Laibach Remixes’ vinyl.”

I only have Domination on vinyl of the above so this set is a no-brainer for me. Comes signed with a certificate. Really well priced as well.

3 Likes

Talking Heads - Talking Heads: 77, Rhino (2024)

2LP Edition of the 1977 groundbreaking debut by Talking Heads, including the original album, outtakes and rarities. Not sure if this is the KG cut from a couple of years ago or a new remaster.

8 Likes

The Doug Carn Trio - The Doug Carn Trio, RGM (2024)

From Promotional:

Cover illustrated by Doug Carn’s daughter, Eroniffa Ibrahim, based on the original cover photos.
Record cut from original master tape, all-analog, pressed at Gotta Groove Records with their proprietary GrooveCoated stampers to minimize high-frequency loss with each successive pressing.