Vinyl releases on pre order

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon 50th Anniversary Box Set

£250 all in.

Pink Floyd - DSOTM Live 1974

4 Likes

Thomas Bangalter - Mythologies, UNASSIGNED (2023)

Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter new record looks and sounds beautiful a bit pricey at £67 for this 3 disc box set but I really look forward to streaming it.

Mythologies is Bangalter’s first independent orchestral work, commissioned by choreographer Angelin Preljocaj** . The ballet premiered last summer, a collaboration between Ballet Preljocaj and the Orchestre National Bordeaux Aquitaine, which performed Bangalter’s score under the direction of Romain Dumas.

The Cult - Love, Beggars Banquet. (2023)

Long awaited reissue of The Cult’s fantastic 1985 record.

5 Likes

Nick Walters - Padm​ā​sana, DOT Records (2023)

Limited edition of 250 copies.

Trumpeter, composer, bandleader & producer, Nick Walters delivers his 2nd studio album of the year for D.O.T. Padmāsana is inspired and constructed from experiences and samples he encountered whilst travelling around the Indian subcontinent. It was all pieced together at his studio in East London, featuring live contributions from Tenderlonious on flute, Kieran McLeod on trombone, Tim Carnegie on drums, and Walters himself on trumpet and synthesisers. Padmāsana was mixed by Sam Interface at More Time Studios.

The track ‘Goa’ features samples recorded on Benaulim Beach a fishing village where we visited for four or more winters consecutively and have friends whose family lives there we attended the wedding of one of the daughters just outside Benaulim where I was dragged kicking and screaming to take part in the traditional wedding dances.

Another track Udaipur was inspired by and features a recording of the drummers that play beside the Lake there my partner and I have both visited Udaipur separately though not together (yet) the first time I went there Lake Pichola was totally dry and I spent a night after a few Bhang Lassis listening to several bands of drummers competing with each other.

I’m still waiting for Nick’s excellent 10" ep also on DOT Ranakpur limited to 150 copies and now sold out hopefully it will arrive this week.

Got to have the complete set of LITA pressings!

1 Like

I had a mad turn just now, and ordered the 3LP Thomas Bangalter set shown in your post. I couldn’t give a rational reason for having done so, so we shall just have wait to see what they’re all about when they’re released in April!

I’ve listened to an exert on youtube and it sounds really beautiful Thomas B whilst recording with Daft Punk was a real student of analogue recording processes and produced some sonically excellent records.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it when it arrives.

The Who - BBC 1965 - 1966, Iconic (2023)

A collection of Who tracks recorded for BBC Radio and TV.

6 Likes

Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles, BN Classic Series (2023)

Really looking forward to this one.

81dy+rLp7fL.AC_SX679

7 Likes

Sam Rivers - Fuchsia Swing Song, BN Classic Series. (2023)

Not really my bag but no doubt there are lots of Blue Note collectors who will be looking forward to a KG cut of this record.

71gsfYhJzqL.AC_SX679

3 Likes

VUSI MAHLASELA, NORMAN ZULU, JIVE CONNECTION - Face to Face, Strut/K7 (2021/23)

Not sure if this is a reissue or just a 2nd pressing but this was first released by Strut in 2021. It was recorded back in 2002 collaboration between acclaimed South African folk singer Vusi Mahlasela, singer songwriter Norman Zulu and Swedish jazz/soul collective Jive Connection.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Another one of We Want Sounds’ reissues. If the last one, by Masahiko Togashi, is anything to go by, this will be a belter, as they say:

3 Likes

Lalo Schiffrin , from 1974, should be interesting. I didn’t knew that movie. i have the originals lps of Mannix and " Mission impossible"

1 Like

Alfa Mist - Variables, Sekito. (2023)

New record from Alfa Mist.

2 Likes

Ray Chareles - Ray Charles, Rhino. (2023)

RC’s self titled debut set for a Mono reissue on Rhino for Atlantic’s 75th Anniversary I’m not sure if it’s the same cut that was included in the 2016 box set but if so it was very well received.

2 Likes

The Orb - Prism, Cooking Vinyl Limited (2023)

2 Likes

Derrick Morgan - Reggae Train Best of Live in London, Burning Sounds. (2023)

The Best of Derricks 2008 concert at the 100 Club also included with the vinyl release is a CD of the full concert.

This Is Flying Dutchman 1969-1975 - Various artists, FD/BGP (2023)

Looks to be an excellent compilation from Bob Thiele’s Flying Dutchman Records the music included is of the highest quality though not sure about pressing etc but for £25 this double LP looks a great buy.

3 Likes