Vinyl releases on pre order

John Lee Hooker - Alone: Live at Hunter College 1976, BBE (2023)

Alone Vol 1 & 2 together in one double album. Not sure of mastering or pressing details but the music of course is top grade.

2 Likes

They’ve been on pre-order a while, but just shipped, Sault’s latest are on their way!

I’m a bit fed up, I waited, unsure, before ordering all 5. By the time I tried 11 had sold out. Hoping to pick that one up at some point! It’s a shame, as I think that’s the one I prefer most!

AIIR,
Earth
Today and Tomorrow
Untitled (God)

Billie Holliday - Songs For Distingue Lovers, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2023)

7 Likes

Yusef Lateef - Live at Peps, Impulse/Elemental (2022)

reissue of Yusef’s 1964 live recording it’s available on European Amazon sites for 23 Euros whilst Amazon UK has it at £36???

2 Likes

I have the older AP Verve 45 series of this and it sound great. I’ve been buying a lot of the Acoustic Sounds Verve reissue series, and sometime s get them to have the convenience of a 33 single LP, but I think I’m going to give this a pass. I just don’t listen to it that much, although I should.

This is a great album for those who don’t have a copy.

1 Like

Pete Townsend & Ronnie Lane - Rough Mix
Abbey Road half speed remaster due out 23rd June

4 Likes

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Welcome to Dubrock, P Vine, Japan (2023)

Japanese label P-Vine are reissuing tracks from the 2005 CD on vinyl below is their promo material. A vol 2 is also on the cards I believe but only Vol 1 is available to Pre Order I have done so from Juno.

Compiling the dub music of Bob Marley once again! This is a must have for both Marley and reggae maniacs everywhere! Featuring tracks cut on one-off acetate dubplates specifically made for sound systems, singles that were only ever distributed in Jamaica, and other Marley dubrock rarities, this compilation, specifically compiled by Rita Marley for P-VINE, Welcome to Dubrock shows the king of reggae the way Jamaican sound systems saw him! We’ve selected the tracks released after his major label contract from that compilation, and reissued them on first time limited edition vinyl, with an obi-strip attached

2 Likes

Sharp Little Bones with Tony Kofi - Volumes 1&2, Ubuntu (2023)

Reggae Roast - More Fire, Music on Vinyl (2023)

Nice to see an attempt at releasing ‘Audiophile’ quality Reggae vinyl by Dutch Music on Vinyl pressed in house I’ve been very impressed with their recent Timeless records reissues and so may give this a try.

Rebirth of The Cool Ruler - Various Artists, Greensleeves (2023)

King Jammy breathes new life into a top draw selection of Cool Ruler Classics on this highest upgrade to Gregory Isaacs Kingston 11 catalogue >

Making the journey down to Jammy’s Warehouse HQ to look down the safest combinations is an A-list selection of Jamaica’s finest including Sean Paul, Shaggy, Alborosie, Jesse Royal, Bounty Killer etc.

Think I’ll try the stream out first before I buy although the Jammy’s Black Uhuru and Dennis Brown tributes I bought where both not bad at all.

61JMMsY5f8L._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

This excellent record now available for pre order on Jazzman Records got mine on Amazon though Juno and other online shops are available.

Samuel Blaser - Routes, Enja Records (2023)

Great LP from Reggae trumpet player featuring amongst others vocal by Caroll Thompson.

1 Like

Bobby Watson - Appointment in Milano, Red Records (Italy) (2023)

Originally released in 1985 this reissue from the always pricey Red Records in Italy is taken from the original masters though I’ve been streaming it on Tidal and it sounds lovely.

The Pioneers - Long Shot, Music on Vinyl (2023)

1 Like

81jxmz21CbL.AC_UL348_SR348,348

And the other three. Good job its winter here and the windows will be shut for 4 months!

2 Likes

Four more releases on Italian label Red Records though the music is always very, very good and the pressings excellent £64 is too much in my opinion.

The two Joe Henderson releases look really interesting as does the Paul Bley and I’d really like to own them but not at that price I already own the Chet Baker first issued a couple of years back and it’s excellent.

2 Likes

Roy Ayers - Virgo Vibes, Nature Sounds (2023)

Reissue of the 1967 classic featuring Ronnie Clark (Herbie Hancock), Charles Tolliver and Joe Henderson.

2 Likes

Jammys/Cries From the Youth - Greensleeves/VP (2023)

Side A

1. Storm Is Coming - Junior Delgado
  2. Up Full One - Dennis Brown
  3. Got To Be Strong - Pad Anthony
  4. Why Should I - Admiral Tibet
  5. Only The Poor Man Feel It - Kentucky
    Side B
  6. Chain Grabber - Johnny Osbourne
  7. Cry For The Youths - Wackad
  8. Victim Of Babylon - Admiral Tibet
  9. World Inflation - Junior Murvin
  10. Stop The Violence - Junior Delgado

Two fantastic new Tone Poets released in July though the price hike isn’t welcome.

Sonny Clark Trio - Sonny Clark Trio

Hank Mobley - A Caddy For Daddy

81IqBMBd3+L.AC_SX679

5 Likes

Craft Original Jazz Classic Series new round now available for Pre Order in the UK.
less on Amazon’s US store for $33 plus Shipping and tax whilst in the UK they are £44.

816wqb9ymML._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

2 Likes