Vinyl releases on pre order

Made me think of :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

IMG_8529

3 Likes

He has just cancelled his upcoming gigs he has a peptic stomach ulcer.
Just notice on BBCNews Music.
Looks painful.
IMG_8530

1 Like

Totally agree. As i said, this could be a wonderful thingā€¦

Iā€™ve now listened to it and decided itā€™s not.

For obvious reasons.

1 Like

A couple of classic Roots Reggae records up for reissue the first Kieth Hudson - Pick a Dub I have an original of so this VP reissue wonā€™t be of interest but if you donā€™t itā€™s worth a punt at Ā£20.

The second The 4th Street Orchestra - Ah Who Seh! Go Deh! I only ever had a tape of and I will be really, really glad to buy this Trojan/Music on vinyl reissue.

2 Likes

Very fair comment IMV. Some of the content released has been low quality in terms of reproduction and length, the reproduction aspect obviously understandable.

Like much music over the years, on the radio this probably sounds fine, but perhaps expose to a proper hi-fi system and its frailties become obvious?

1 Like

I think if they delve any deeper they will disturb a Balrog

Ian

1 Like

Trio Grande - Urban Myth, Whirlwind Recordings (2023)

1 Like

I donā€™t when they will be available, but Analogue Productions are issuing 75 albums originally released by Atlantic as part of Atlanticā€™s 75th anniversary. Apologies if this has already been posted.

4 Likes

I wonder if Led Zeppelin will be included :thinking:

1 Like

That seems to be the big question on Hoffman, where there are some titles listed. And there is a massive subscription package too. Yet again I anticipate these would have to be imported with associated costs, so I expect I will pass.

1 Like

I have all 11 of the Bernie Grundman-cut Zep records he did in for Classic in the late 1990s/early noughties, but they are all 33rpm. BUT I know that they also did some 45rpm versions too, and he has the metalwork for those, so I suspect thatā€™s what Chad would use if Jimmy deigns to let him do it.

Otherwise some interesting titles, though thereā€™s a LOT of Phil Collins!

One or two of the Led Zep titles would be interesting. Iā€™m also somewhat irrationally drawn by the Genesis title mentioned here - irrational because do I really need another one??

Iā€™d love to be in for more but at an estimated Ā£70-80+ per album by the time they land here itā€™s getting a fair ways beyond what Iā€™m comfortable with, although not quite at the UHQR level of craziness. Anything I buy from this series will have to be very, very special indeed*.

*OK, having just typed this Iā€™m acutely conscious of having recently sprung a couple of hundred quid on a single LP. However, it is definitely something very, very special!!

1 Like

Richard ā€“ in the vid Chad mentions that if you subscribe to the whole lot, you get free shipping. Just dropped him a cheeky email asking if that applies to the UKā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m disappointed itā€™s all 45 RPM titles. I would much rather have them as 33s. I might still cherry-pick some but I wonā€™t be a subscriber this time around.

3 Likes

They are all coming out on SACD too, for those interestedā€¦

1 Like

the 45rpm is a gimmick and like you I may cherry pick the odd title if they donā€™t take the piss though Iā€™d be very surprised if they are priced less than Ā£50 in the UK.

Yeah, $60 each in the U.S.

Iā€™m a former subscriber, and for this series they want subscribers to prepay the entire series. No thanks. Thatā€™s over $4500. Of the titles announced so far, I only want a few anyway (one or two Mingus, maybe one or two the Coltrane).

Depending on quality and price Iā€™d be interested in all of the the Otis Redding titles, Mingusā€™ Roots and John Coltraneā€™s, Coltrane Plays The Blues, and Coltrane Jazz.

Can I ask where is the ā€˜listā€™ that everyone is talking about please?

4 Likes