Vinyl releases on pre order

Gil Scott Heron - Free Will, Flying Dutchman (2024)

AAA Reissue cut by Frank Merrill at The Carvery might look out for a cheaper used copy later down the line as my reissue from a few years back sounds pretty good but if you don’t already own a copy it’s a cracking record.

4 Likes

The Tibbs - Keep it to Yourself, Record Kicks (2024)

Joe Lovano - Trio Fascination, Blue Note/Tone Poet (2024)

Rather price double LP from Tone Poet but a cracking record and one I’ll definitely be buying.

1 Like

Landgren, Danielsson, Dell - Salzau Music On The Water, ACT (2024)

A cracking record if you like Chet Baker and Matthew Halsall you will enjoy this.

I have this on preorder, but at the same time Blue Mitchell’s Down With It is the other Tone Poet and I look forward to that one more.

BTW: even though Trio Fascination is from the 90s, Joe Harley and Kevin Gray used an analog master to cut this release.

Yes I’ll be buying both too and though they are both excellent I think I prefer Joe Lovano this will be it’s first ever vinyl release I believe.

1 Like

David Bowie Montreux Jazz Festival 2002, Vol. 1&2
Released 19th January. 2 x double vinyl albums.

8 Likes

February.

Will be great.

4 Likes

Acoustic Sounds have some more Contemporary titles up for reissue. According to the press release:

Each LP boasts lacquers cut from the original master tapes (AAA) by the GRAMMY®-winning engineer (and former Contemporary Records employee) Bernie Grundman. All are pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings (QRP) and presented in Stoughton old-style tip-on jackets.

Some great titles there including Art Pepper’s Smack Up, Gettin’ Together, and Intensity, Sonny Rollins’ Way Out West, and, a particular favourite of mine, Helen Humes’ Songs I Like To Sing.

10 Likes

Someone I had forgotten about. Some great musicians here as well - Marty Paich, Art Pepper and Ben Webster.

Lee Morgan - In Search of a New Land, BN Classic Series (2024)

Now this makes me very happy my first ever Lee Morgan record and I’m sure KG’s new cut will better my Blue Note 75th Anniversary copy let’s hope Optimal can do it justice.

7 Likes

John Mclaughlin & Larry Coryell - Live Under The Sky Tokyo, '80 LITS (2024)

2 Likes

This is my favorite Lee Morgan album. I have both the MMJ 45 and 33 RPM versions.

2 Likes

Me too the opening of the album is incredibly good and so ahead of it’s time.

1 Like

Yussef Dayes Experience -Live from Malibu

3 Likes

Electribe 101 - Electribal Memories, Demon Music Group (2024)

Half Speed Remaster by Air Studios.

3 Likes

Joe Henderson - Mode for Joe, Blue Note Classic Series, (2024)

Another exciting reissue from Blue Note’s Classic Series featuring lLee Morgsn

6 Likes

Johhny Lytle - People & Love, Milestone/Craft (2024)

Part of Craft’s Jazz Dispensary series and reissued for the first time on vinyl this wonderful record is remastered by KG and pressed at RTI.

2 Likes

Stan Getz & Bill Evans - Previously Unreleased Recordings, Verve/Acoustic Sounds (2024)

3 Likes

This is another great 60s Blue Note. I have the MMJ 45 so I won’t get this, but highly recommended.

3 Likes