Vinyl releases on pre order

Thanks for the reminder. I just preordered this.

1 Like

John Taylor, Norma Winstone & Kenny Wheeler - Azimuth, ECM (2024)

New reissue from ECM’s Luminescence series.

3 Likes

Keith Jarret, Jan Garbarek - Luminessence - Music for String Orchestra and Saxophone, ECM (2024)

More from Luminessence series.

3 Likes

Jan Garbarek - Afric Pepperbird, ECM (2024)

And another.

2 Likes

Chet Baker - 79 Round Midnight , Diggers Factory (2024)

Originally released as two albums on the French Bingow label (see my Chet Baker thread)

3 Likes

Booker Ervin - TexBook Tenor, BN/Tone Poet (2024)

3 Likes

Jackie McLean - Action Action Action, BN/Tone Poet (2024)

3 Likes

Betty Carter - The Modern Sound Of…, Verve By Request (2024)

1 Like

Miles Davis - Ascenseur Pour L’échafaud, Decca (2024)

4 Likes

Oooh nice! I’ve got the Groove Replica release which isn’t as good as it should be. This is going straight on my want list, thanks for posting.

I have the Sam records 10" facsimile reissue of this and it is one of our favorites, and one of the best for showing what my mono cartridge is capable of.

3 Likes

I have the box set with the three 10"s and was one of the lucky ones as my copy was beautifully pressed and sounds lovely it was remastered from the original tapes at Abbey Rd but nut using their half speed method.

The two disks of session takes are also well worth the addition and sound really lovely too, I will 100% grab a Sam copy too one day when a used or cheaper one pops up there are more than 50 copies on Discogs if you include the 2nd pressing.

Yes, I’ve the same and a great pressing/sound.
I’d have to listen to the new one first though I’m more than happy with the Sam 10” :+1:

Is the new one coming from Abbey Road Studios? I don’t think they cut anything that isn’t in the digital domain. I’m not aware of anything they did AAA, as much as I can recall.

Did you buy the Luminescence Bremen/Lausanne set? I was very tempted but put off by the price and the fact that I already have it on vinyl, Japanese ECM pressing. I am not sure how much of an upgrade, if at all, these new pressings are.

I have the Bremen/Lausanne reissue. I was able to get it for a substantial discount from Amazon.de when it came out. It’s currently discounted 12% on Amazon U.S.

I have a mid 70s repress on W.E.A (U.S.). The WEA ECM pressings are generally quite good, but not as good as the German pressings of the period. The new reissue sounds fabulous and is a big improvement.

2 Likes

Like you I was eventually put off by the price and am still on the lookout for a cheaper used copy. I can say though if it’s of help that the two Luminessence reissues I have are both very good.

1 Like

Charles Lloyd - The Sky Will Be There Tomorrow, Blue Note (2024)

I can’t wait to get this. Joe Harley told me the test pressings are really amazing. He was probably involved with production.

Did you know that he and Charles Lloyd are long time friends and Charles gave Joe the nickname “Tone Poet.” He also named his album Tone Poem in Joe’s honor. These are two really nice people. My wife and I met Charles and his wife in Denver and they are wonderful people.

4 Likes

Really nice story. I knew Joe Harley produced Charles’ Trios project which I really enjoyed and I’ll definitely be getting a copy of this too hopefully Kevin Gray will master this new record too.