Vinyl releases on pre order

Chet Baker - Signature, Red Italy (2024)

1 Like

Just got this one yesterday produced by Supper Club number 251 of a 500 first pressing, also have the Anne Phillips Born to be Blue album and both seem good quality.

Tim
Lorez - Nature Boy

2 Likes

Three more excellent Craft OJC reissues.

4 Likes

Donald Byrd Band & Voices - A New Perspective, BN/Classic Series (2024)

Should be an improvement on my 75th anniversary copy

3 Likes

Miles Davis - Volume 2, BN/Classic Series (2024)

2 Likes

Ben Webster - At the Renaissance, Craft (2024)

3 Likes

Prince Lasha Quintet & Sonny Simmons - The Cry, Craft (2024)

Really looking forward to this one.

2 Likes

Tom Mcrae’s new one, due out in March.

2 Likes

Skip Mahoaney & the Casuals - Your Funny Moods, Numero Group (2024)

50th Anniversary remastered from the original analogue tapes.

1 Like

Announcing the launch of Bluesville Records — Craft’s revitalized reissue series and editorial platform which honors America’s bedrock music genre. In addition to releasing foundational blues titles from such legendary labels as Prestige, Vee-Jay, Riverside, Vanguard, Stax and Rounder , Bluesville Records will also elevate the legacies of the trailblazing artists behind these albums while honoring their immeasurable impact on modern music. For more information, visit bluesvillerecords.com and follow Bluesville Records on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

Each handpicked Bluesville title will be released on vinyl in partnership with Acoustic Sounds. The first two titles, John Lee Hooker’s Burning Hell and Skip James’ Today! , will arrive June 7 and are available for pre-order today. The rollout will continue throughout the year and beyond, with classic titles from Albert King, Lightnin’ Hopkins, Jimmy Reed and Blind Gary Davis, among others.

The albums will feature all-analog mastering (AAA) by GRAMMYÂŽ-nominated engineer Matthew Lutthans (The MasteringLab) and will be pressed on 180-gram vinyl at QRP. Faithfully reproduced tip-on jackets round out every release, while obis will offer insightful reflections on the album by GRAMMY ÂŽ**-winning producer, writer and musician, Scott Billington.**

2 Likes

Charles Mingus - Incarnations, Candid Records (2024)

The music Charles Mingus and his group recorded during his landmark 1960 sessions for Candid Records produced three of the most revered jazz albums of the era - INCARNATIONS is a new masterpiece thoughtfully assembled from rare and unreleased material from those sessions that stands proudly in the Mingus canon of masterworks.

All but one of the tracks here are from the November 11th, 1960 sessions Mingus and producer Nate Hentoff put together. The date was split into two halves: one a pure Mingus-led date, featuring a six-piece band that expanded into an octet for two additional tunes, and another, a partial reunion of a collective that had assembled in opposition against George Wein’s Newport Jazz Festival that past July. (That collective, calling themselves The Jazz Artist Guild, would release the album Newport Rebels, on Candid in 1961.)

Of special note here is the one track recorded during the Mingus October 20th 1960 sessions. It is a previously unreleased track titled “All The Things You Are (All.)” Found on a tape that contained material from both of these fall 1960 dates, the piece has its roots in an Art Tatum rendition of “All the Things You Are,” which Mingus had recorded before in various settings.

Featuring Booker Ervin, Eric Dolphy, Charles McPherson, Ted Curson Lonnie Hillyer, Roy Eldridge, Jimmy Knepper, Britt Woodman, Tommy Flanagan, Paul Bley, Dannie Richmond and Jo Jones. With audio restored and remastered by Bernie Grundman, and liner notes by Pitchfork and New York Times contributor Hank Shteamer, this album is a must have for any Mingus fan.

2 Likes

Chet Baker - Straight From The Heart - The Great Last Concert Vol. II, Enja (2024)

3 Likes

Alice Coltrane - The Carnegie Hall Concert, Impulse (2024)

4 Likes

Lives Outgrown - Beth Gibbons

4 Likes

3 Likes

Horace Silver - Silver’s Serenade - Blue Note/Tone Poet (2024)

Another excellent choice by the Tone Poets as this 5 track LP of Horace Silver originals hasn’t been released on vinyl since the 70’s except for a Japanese reissue in 1993. It was recorded over two days in May 1963 with Blue Mitchell, Junior Cook, Gene Taylor and Roy Brooks who is on fine form especially on 19 Bars.

5 Likes

Mahler’s Fourth Symphony - Szell/ Cleveland PO, ordered from Amazon US.

Sell didn’t record a lot of Mahler, but I don’t think that this (1965) CBS recording has ever been bettered in almost 60 years. One that comes close is Bernstein’s ‘live’ Concertgebouw recording, available from Deutsche Grammophon.

@anon70766008 I don’t see this on Amazon as a vinyl preorder. Do you have any more details about it. Who’s doing the reissue?

Same here. Going to be a beautiful release :crossed_fingers:t3:

To JDP and steviebee

If you mean the Mahler 4, I found it on the US Amazon site, with catalogue number 61056, and an Impressionist-looking picture of water lillies on the front cover. Very pricy ($130), so this may have been new old stock, and I lucked on the last one.

I wouldn’t pay that sort of price for many LPs, but I had this on an old German-pressed CBS vinyl record with a bright red cover years ago, and it was one of my very favourite Mahler recordings.