Vivid Speakers & Naim

The S12’s are still improving the imaging, space and detail are epic… the speed of bass is also very good. This is the best small speaker I have ever heard…the SL700SE has well and truly been totally eclipsed by a considerable margin. Epiceroo

I just installed these. Wow, the sound stage is huge, images soo clear. I was shocked. Not thrilled with the aesthetics but I’m all about the sound. Oh the bass, so clean and clear. Best $600 I spent in a while. Unfortunately they turned my speakers into penguins. Not the best looking, but man they sound great!

7 Likes

I also found the Gaias to be a very worthwhile upgrade. The difference can be startling. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Good, aren’t they!

Incredible, what do you have them mounted on?

Here you go:
Isoacoustic Gaia

Best regards, BF

Very nice system. Still running the 52? I would consider trying some orea’s under your components.

We changed a few things this year, including the rack and position of all the electronics.
The full system is in my profile but here’s a link to the system as it is today:
System Pic 2021

Best regards, BF

They look really nice in your room.

Are these brand new??? if they are they will take around 3 months to run in … and boy does that make a difference!! I have the little S12’s and the bass reach is to around 38hz…in a small room…epic…let us know how you get on…very jealous…enjoy!!

Hi,
I actually got these second hand, they were used by a prominent cable manufacturer to design products, they got the V2. These Gaia feet have increased my enjoyment immensely. This is the bass I alway hoped to have. Deep, powerful, chest thumping, no overhang or fog, great and discernable at low levels. Yet no resonances excited except at louder than tolerated levels. These are my end game speakers for this room. If I move to a bigger house, I will need a bigger model :wink: When the G3’s came out I was thrilled, I adored the Originals in print only, the reviews really made them and the Blade 2 seem like the end game speakers. I went with Vivid because I was concerned about too much bass with the Blades, similar to the Joseph audio Perspectives. I was disappointed a bit with the bass until I upgraded to the 500dr and got the feet, now it’s completely satisfying in every way. When I hear something I don’t like it is alway upstream of the G3’s, they’re the perfect speakers. The Revel Gems were pretty great too, but missed deeper bass.

2 Likes

Laurence is a genius designer…even the little S12’s are amazing…I emailed Laurence directly…and he replied such a great guy. I am sure your speakers are utterly amazing…people just don’t realise how game changing these speakers are…they make a judgement on looks…which is unfair…as they look so much better in the flesh…when you can appreciate the form…
As for the blade…I was not that impressed…for sheer size…what did impress me was the LS50 which Kef demoed against the blade…

Yes, agreed, these speakers are by far the best I’ve used. I love the looks, though maybe more sans Gaia’s. The tapering at the top makes them less imposing than the smaller Gems on stands.

I’d love to hear if Mr Dickie tried the footers.

1 Like

What we’re the real effect of the Gaia feet? Are your speakers on a suspended wooden floor or concrete? I was thinking about using them mainly in an attempt to tighten bass even further…what are your thoughts…

Easily one of the best things I have ever bought in 30 years in audio. Really profound increase in detail, resolution, size, deep bass, especially at low volumes. Suspended wood floor.

Have anyone had a chance to listen to the Kaya 45s please, admittedly a bit curios as I’m 6 miles away from the factory? ATB Peter

1 Like

No I have not…but I can assure you…if you listened to my S12’s you would be astounded…the 45 will be epic… I suggest you email them for the attention of Laurence…and see how you get on… They are a match made in heaven as far as Naim elecrronics is concerned…also you could speak to Analogue Seduction…I sure they will have demo pair you could listen to…I found them very helpful…

2 Likes

They do a very nice gun metal finish which is semi matt … this gives a different look to the speaker…mine are piano black and the finish is amazing…

1 Like

I have Vivid Kaya S12 with Naim Supernait 3, NDX2 and Solstice Special Edition. Kayas are a perfect match with Naim. The sound is tight, dynamic and clean. Anyone considering speakers for the Naim system should try Vivids alongside with traditional options.

274351809_310096134443608_917307089293854690_n-1

8 Likes

Now that’s a cool system!

1 Like