Vtuner down

This cartoon probably depicts the truth behind the outage more accurately than we all dare to imagine.

I recently retired after a 36 year career in “big tech” and this is far more common a scenario than many realise.

17 Likes

This is the iOS one we use…

IMG_0357

IMG_0356

3 Likes

All working here now, UK!

I didn’t realise until now how much I actually listen to radio these days. Which is a good thing considering how much choice there is.

Anyway, chuffed it’s back on!

2 Likes

The FM radio stations carried on working all over Christmas😉

3 Likes

Update from Italy.
All previous stations saved are now working. Good!!!
But, so far, I can’t log my MAC address on vTuner site to add more new stations.
I hope they are solving the issue little step by little step.
Ciao, Giulio.

Hi all,

VTuner have temporarily patched Naim to a different server so the basics will start to work again. Depending on ISP you may need to switch off / on the streamer at the mains to pick up the reconfiguration.

• stations will play
  • custom stations added via the web interface won’t work at the moment.

As the real system comes back online there will be likely a small transition glitch as it moves again.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

19 Likes

Well done Steve for your intervention, i can imagine customers of some other brands are still hanging.

3 Likes

Thank you, in Munich, everything works on my ND5XS. But I think it’s time for integrate a second internet radio service on the NAIM’s firmware.

2 Likes

Spectacular customer service to be here on Christmas Day giving updates and then obviously liaising with VTuner.

Really impressive!

.sjb

20 Likes

Many thanks, Vtuner and the staff ( Nothing Else Matters Software, Ltd.) are suspicious in their total invisibility online, no status page, no social media, impossible to communicate with. And the ability (sic) to totally screw Naim and others. I know it’s Christmas, but we have 3 mirrored IT server locations in Germany, Switzerland and USA. No excuses.
Martin

3 Likes

Thank you so much for keeping us all updated. Many people have very unrealistic expectations of what they can get “for free” on the internet, e.g. streamed radio stations, and the service levels they can expect. Naim provide excellent customer service, even when a fault occurs with a third party service as here.

Merry Christmas to all the Naim employees.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s for free though. At some point you are charged by Naim for this service :slight_smile: However to get help on Christmas is a big :star2: for everyone pushing this forward at Naim.

1 Like

I suspect “everyone” is Steve Harris, along with Richard keeping the fires damped down in the forum.

2 Likes

Well done to @Stevesky for getting this sorted when he should be enjoying dome time away from his day job.
Most surprising for me was everyone having to churp up when it wasn’t working and then again, when it was ! It was pretty clear this was a global issue early on. And the panic an outage caused to some. If radio is that critical to your life, get a diverse source of supply.

2 Likes

Just returned home after nights away and happy to find Naim iRadio / VTuner is back.
Many many thanks to Steve and VTuner for all that was done during the holidays to this

And maybe the moaners might remember this was done over the biggest global wide holiday period, people gave up their own holiday time to do this.

Thanks Again

3 Likes

Just a reminder that Naim streamers have chrome cast built in, so if there is an app for the radio station you wish to listen to it can be “cast” to the streamer. I did this yesterday when tuner was down with both the Planet Rock app and BBC sounds to both my ND5 XS2 and cube from both an iPad and android tablets.

Yes I agree with this. I bought a lovely condition NAT 05 XS from a Naim dealer a couple of months ago with no box, cables or remote but with a 3 month warranty, for only £200. And a new remote from eBay for £75 delivered. The dealer had been advertising it he tuner for a few months before I saw it. He said FM tuners were a slow sell these days.

2 Likes

My Naim app for my streamer on Christmas day was bloody joke absolutely crap seems to be average now

FM tuner and Ron Smith aerial now on my wish list :smiley:

“It’s back to future Marty!”

Next thing you know they’ll be delivering milk in glass bottles using electric vehicles.
:rofl:

Dang, live just south of Dallas. If I would have known it was the Dallas server that was down, I could have gone up there and kicked them in the arse to get get their stuff together. :wink: Just let me know next time. Happy New Year!

5 Likes