Vtuner down

I believe from previous reading that VTuner charge hardware manufacturers that use their aggregation a fee.
And I’ve seen that for some manufacturers who have moved to a different aggregator for their newer offerings VTuner offers a per-user service with a small annual fee for legacy devices that still point at VTuner.

OK on a more serious note. I want Naim to provide a full explanation of what’s happening here. Many users have faced their 20k streamer turning into a brick. With respect, we need a full explanation.
Regards
Martin

4 Likes

Martin, see Steve’s post above;

1 Like

A device which is (other than local streaming) totally reliant on the internet and multiple services very few of which (if any?) are operated by Naim. I think a reply from Steve (who is on holiday) is more than sufficient to say that vtuner has gone awol.

3 Likes

Amazingly, all the iStations on my cheap & crappy Raspberry Pi based streamer (MoOde software) are working just fine……… [/SMUG_MODE] :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you sir
Martin

1 Like

Naim specifications (555] are quoting:

“Formats: Internet Radio Provider vTuner premium 5* “

Kindly asking naim folks to offer relevant alternatives for this missing feature (after 24+ hrs outage) - thanks much!

1 Like

As @HungryHalibut explained earlier, Airplay (or Bluetooth) is an easy fix for this temporary problem. It‘s not rocket science, is it?

Some of the outrage displayed here seems pathetic to me — apparently keyboard warriors don’t take a break during Christmas…

15 Likes

Funny but for me The Jazz Groove flac stations are all working.
None of the other radio stations work
Wonder why
David

Is it more than just vtuner? Surely people can still stream from online services like Tidal, Qobuz or Spotify? And from their own locally stored music? So hardly making it a “brick” (unless anyone buys a £20k streamer solely for radio, which personally I can’t imagine).

The potential loss of online services is one reason I have often cited as to why I would not even consider switching to them and abandoning my own store of favourite music (though my observations on this previously only referred to on-demand streaming sources rather than internet radio, never recognising radio as more than an add-on).

4 Likes

All back working here.

1 Like

Vtuner back up in Ontario, Canada - many thanks!

Pleased to say it is working here in UK. 6.30am local time.

It would be good to have some explanation for the cause of such an extended outage.

It’s been interesting reading how others have worked around the situation. I used Bluetooth from my tablet and various player apps but not as convenient.

Now work in Serbia.

Working again in Frankfurt.

Oddly, I cannot access any stations on the V-Tuner web site but my kitchen Naim Mu-so QB is correctly currently playing Radio Paradise.
Sydney Australia here.

If you look at any of the threads about this, you will see Steve Harris, Naim’s software director, explaining what happened. I guess that we will hear more in a few days, but it wasn’t a Naim outage and fixing it wasn’t in Naim’s hands.

1 Like

All working for me too.
Regarding easy fix of airplay, remember that the NDS, with a 555 still a very expensive streamer doesn’t have airplay at all, so not really a fix.
Maybe a firmware /software update in the future to allow users to access an alternative platform if they wished or if Vtuner stops in future if this was possible.
The provision of ‘radio’ built in was part of the decision to buy the streamer, so it is important to me. You don’t get ‘the archers’ on Spotify or tidal!

Added satiations seem to be still missing. Hopefully they are not lost permanently but let’s see…

Can you pls explain exactly how and what to use Airplay with to work around? Thx much