Vtuner down

Those using the minimstreamer transcoding license workaround will still be able to stream radio. As well as those using Kurt’s cloud solution I think.

Thanks. They are not BBC supported url’s. They also do not work here in France.
The BBC have changed their access to their internet services and a token to access is required. I don’t believe that individuals can get such a token. The aggregators apparently can.

Edit. Before Oct the BBC url’s worked directly. They no longer do as the BBC switched them off.
I use vtuner but since it has gone down I am using tunein ( an Auralic device). If Bubbleupnp can work on Naim devices that could be an option as Bubble use the tunein connection.

iRadio and vTuner is just a middle path routing the connection to the actual radio channels. If you have the direct link you should be able to connect to your favorite channel with Audirvana or Roon or such software and don’t care about vTuner anymore. It’s an outdated platform which is clear now and time to move on for Naim and others.

I use Audirvana Studio and listen mostly to The Jazz groove but I can listen to radio paradise and such too if I want to. If you have a computer you just install Audirvana Studio (free for 2 weeks), search for say “jazz radio” or browse in the radio list and get loads of channels listed and press play and your naim streamer will be brought back to life. If you enjoy radio there are far better solutions than vTuner out there.

1 Like

Exactly as Auralic do. Vtuner, or Tunein, or direct url when they are available.

what I find so amazing about this fuss, is that so many people still listen to the (internet) radio!!

I listen to The Jazz Groove (flac) like 12h per day :smiley:

1 Like

I get it - I listen to a US classical station in the background almost all day

2 Likes

Presets not connecting on my NDX2; but if I go into the internet radio tab the stations connect. Odd.

Do you connect your naim kit to audirvana on PC via upnp?

KBAQ is my local classical station and I stream them when I’m working. It’s one of the better stations too, I wish they’d go hires though.

Yes it’s connected through UPnP and requires no skills to get going. You also have a free app for android or iphone to control it and if you use M1 macbook (or later) you can use their smartphone app on your macbook (found in app store under iPad/iPhone apps just like the naim app)

I use an old Macmini as the server so it’s always on. I have found even Qobuz sounds better via Audirvana than native Naim implementation.

Glad I found this thread after being unable to listen to R4 or R6M today although I can get Classic FM. Which I don’t want :roll_eyes:

Will give it a go, cheers

1 Like

I’m getting more into iRadio everyday.

Since December 25, V Tuner has been down, I live in Hemmingford township in Canada. I changed the Focal & Naim app from Apple Strore and the app is worse: no color, etc.
I read that Stevensky claimed that the VTuner outage ended in the United Kingdom but in Canada??

It’s down worldwide again. There is a very long thread about this. You should read before posting!

Thanks, I suspected it’s the subscription based AV Studio. I have the legacy AV 3.5 where iRadio isn’t supported. AV is great and use it to stream (wired) my music collection. Honestly it’s getting too much w all these subscription based services …

For folks who have Apple Music & a HomePod, you can ask Siri on the HomePod to play whichever music/radio station & select Muso (gen 1, gen 2) and free up your iPhone /tablet.

1 Like

Luckily I have a backup streamer, the Raumfeld Connector, which is connected to the Naim with SPDIF.
It accesses the channels via Tunein. The sound is just as good as NAIM’s web radio. It’s disappointing to spend a lot of money for a NAIM streamer when you can get the whole thing much cheaper.

in London been down for me since yesterday it is a relief to know it a general problem as I have very worried my uniti had developed a fault…atm I can access through Roon but I do like to have the direct access through the app sometimes so hope it is fixed soon