Vtuner down

Which are then probably still connected to the same power supply in the same room.

I wonder why we can now get Classic FM and Radio Parsadise, but not BBC or Greatest Hits Radio. Perhaps the stations need to be fixed individually or in blocks. Whichever way you look at it, problems for four days is really crap, even if the first two were Christmas holidays.

1 Like

Yes, I understand that nobody at Naim can solve this for me. My point is to have clarity about what’s going on and challenge excuses some seem to be making for vTuner. Their task is an extremely simply one in the grand scheme of things, so a multi-day outage is totally unacceptable. What adds to the issue is their almost complete lack of communication. Actually, that’s probably even worse.

4 Likes

Agreed.

If links/urls or something else is changing, why is services like Airable adapting and vTuner is not?

The URLs to radio stations aren’t changing and causing the problem here (although vTuner are slow to react when they do, see the many forum posts….)

1 Like

Hurrah. Radio 4 is working. For now.

1 Like

Ah ha. Kindly someone quickly merged my post with this post on vTuner. At least I know I am not going mad and nothing is wrong with my unit. Frustrating, but all will be solved hopefully!

Thanks for alert HH, Radio 3 also playing again hurra!

1 Like

Odd, no idea if this is normal but decided to try a few BBC station in Internet Radio lust mode, so for Radio 2,3,4 if I choose the station from a list, e.g. Radio 2 Live clicked, then no sound.

Clicking the … and then clicking Play the station plays:

Could the app not be updating the vTuner provider URL automatically if it’s changed until you do that? Maybe app updates selected station URLs or whole vTuner database on a restart?

Suffice to say I’d recommend avoiding Radio 2 at all costs.

3 Likes

No BBC Radio 4 joy for me ( Norwich, UK). Station not even in search list now - and neither is my local BBC radio station.

Does quitting and restarting the Naim app do anything?

I spoke too soon. All there now. Delayed bliss!

1 Like

Whoopy, R4 back for me too. Unfortunately, now back to TV time again but hopefully will still be there in the morning

2 Likes

BBC up and running in West Wales

2 Likes

If anything a re-established appreciation over Christmas for these analogue techs after my recent streamer extravaganza followed by this chain of events.

(I seriously looked into a NAT05 XS on sale here to go with the new Dynalab indoor antenna, but ended up simply playing a LOT of records! Even resurrected the Quantis DVB-C cable-radio-tuner from provider Ziggo, this time into the nDAC with a decent Toslink and Ifi PSU which helped to make it acceptable).

2 Likes

I have BBC radio on my 222 and Star but without the logos.

All is well now in Toronto, including BBC, but vTuner remains The Grinch who stole Christmas.

1 Like

Appears to be working in Bristol now

2 Likes

Still the same for me in the West Midlands, UK. I will try a reboot