Vtuner down

All working normally today. I haven’t even needed to retune. Happy listener :grinning:

And Happy New Year!

Just curious… why do people quote locations within a country…? Or is it just a bit of fun with no meaning to it?

I could understand global regions, countries or ISPs… but country regions ?!?

HNY

1 Like

True. Here in Sweden I’ve heard a story going like “grumpy old man built this country famous industries”. Never being satisfied is a big motivator in getting better. It’s not the same thing as not having time to think war is :-1::-1::-1:

This can impossibly be updated code that went wrong. A server that need a reboot. This is bigger than that. No communication on what really happen is the normal way of managing such when being hacked and asked for ransom money. Time to move on Naim and build on the future. Vtuner is history when the companies start to pull out one by one now.

1 Like

And back up in The Netherlands again. Finally.

@Stevesky I really don’t understand why no status updates or other information were provided through https://vtuner.com or https://www.naimaudio.com. Whenever I have an outage and (thus) escalation of this kind at work, I always make sure that my customers are informed about the issue(s), the status of the resolution and as soon as I know, also about the root cause. I appreciate your updates here on the forum - even though there was no update on the latest outage - but the Naim website is the first place to go for many Naim customers when they experience an issue like this.

Providing a service - in this case Internet Radio - is a different business model compared to producing and selling audio equipment. I believe it is important for Naim to review its vendor escalation and customer information procedures related to such services in case another outage happens in the future. As it will happen!

Thanks for considering and keeping us updated on the actions taken to make sure this does not happen again.

BR,
Richard

7 Likes

Sorry, I was just following the trend. Location removed now.

1 Like

All working now in West Wales ( just a bit of fun , no meaning )

When you compare West Australia to East, they are different countries…! :rofl:
Still, much like North/South England…!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I know what you’re saying re the point at hand….I guess not all folk think in terms of network infrastructures and more so along the lines of ‘my radio isn’t working in Oxford…but someone’s is in Liverpool…’

SC

BTW, just back home (in WA!) and my radio presets are all back to working as norm it seems….
All very weird today….

Or as some of us say here, East England and the rest of it… whether it be north or south…:grinning:

1 Like

Hundreds of thousands of Romans, Angles, Saxons and Vikings can’t be wrong.

Until the Normans decided it would be easier to stroll through Sussex. What with its firmer ground and virtually unlimited supply of plunder.

Everything is up again here and no need for deleting and reloading Presets, hopefully that way for everybody.

I trust NAIM will release a report on what went wrong and how it intends to avoid any future repetition.

I’m sure we all look forward to that.

2 Likes

Well indeed if we are going back in time, the Queen of the Iceni (East Anglia Celtic people), Boudicca, did rally the other Celtic tribes and armies across the British isles in probably a first ever event of Celtic cooperation within Britain for the major showdown with the Roman conquerors … but as we know the celts got slaughtered along with her… and the rest is history.

Although I would assume that it‘s working in the whole EU, if it‘s working in Frankfurt, the situation might be different near DE-CIX than in some remote locations in Eastern Germany or some small islands in Greece with different network routes.

1 Like

Well if it was an internet routing issue, which I don’t think it is at all, then it might be dependent on national Tier 1/2 peering points.
If it’s a DNS related issue as a consequence of changing IP addresses in response to remedying a complete c*ck up, which I suspect is a lot more likely… then it could me more ISP DNS dependent and time to live statuses… as DNS caches flush out.

Bloody Romans.

What did they ever…

1 Like

:sunglasses:

Down here in Sweden,
so far, its Dec 24, and New year ding dong thats been “hit”,

Can someone remind my why i bought a Unity Atom? its all blurry atm .

/Best Regards, 500k Brick.

To @Richard.Dane
Radio is working normally. But there’s something that I’ve never seen before on a Naim streamer. If you take a look at the radio page,as well as the common informations there’s a scrolling alphanumeric string that looks like a file identifier. I don’t know if this could help in solving the problem.

One for @Stevesky I think.

All working here this AM in Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, England, UK :wink:

2 Likes