What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Agreed, the more you look at it, the more you notice. I bet the front and rear windscreens are the same. Ditto the side folding windows and wing mirrors. Less individual parts, less complexity, less cost.

The doors are the same! One hinges from the front, the other from the back!

Beauty! My first Porsche was a 2005 Seal Grey 987S with brown convertible top and a sand coloured interior which I bought as a used car in 2010 and kept for over 5 years. Some great memories! I trust you enjoy yours a lot!

1 Like

Love them all for different reasons!

15 Likes

Oooh that Quattro! I had the standard 2.3 but lusted after one of those.

3 Likes

That Quattro is just gorgeous.

2 Likes

Thank you, she is fun, but feels her age!!

1 Like

Don’t we all?!! Looks fantastic in that shot.

Peter

She looks really nice. :+1:
Is that “age” compared to newer cars or some work needs doing?

I was wondering that too. Is this to do with brakes, ride, handling etc or does this refer to maintenance? It’s a car I might think of as a daily driver, so I’m interested.

:astonished: Too nice to use as a daily driver!

I do take your point but the current crop of cars for that role leaves me feeling uninvolved so I’m thinking about whether something from the past could be the answer. In addition to personality and engagement it would need to be a good looker, go well and be passably economic to run with hopefully low depreciation part of that equation.

8 Likes

Cars like the Audi Q and my Sierra Cosworth are certainly involving! Depreciation doesn’t exist on stuff like this :slightly_smiling_face:
Fuel consumption is fairly high, particularly with excessive use of the loud pedal. :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

Beautiful cars and motorcycles in this thread!

This is the fun one for me :smiley:

3 Likes

My new car finally arrived (having ordered it in February)…Kia Stinger GTS 3.3L V6 I’ve only done about 100 miles in it so far, but 1st impressions are that it’s quite the machine. I think I’m going to enjoy our time together (& I’ve finally gotten a car with a bigger engine than my bike….which is a 2.5L Triumph Rocket 3R)

16 Likes

Nice looking car. :+1:

1 Like

I generally joke around rental companies that my bike has a bigger engine than whaterver I was given, but I can see in your case how your bike has a bigger engine than most cars around. :rofl:

The Rocket 3R is a massive bike, how does it feel in daily use?

1 Like

Fire up the Quattro- life on Mars - superb car

It’s a great daily ride and actually much less intimidating to ride than it’s looks and specs would suggest. The torque and power is somewhat addictive though!

14 Likes