What are you driving and why would we be interested?

How about a Cayenne? As practical as RR Sport and fun to drive

Am actually getting an iX on Monday. The cayenne doesn’t do it for me - and my wife has a (possibly unfair) negative view of men who drive Porsches :joy: I would be in so much trouble if I got a Cayenne

The last couple of weeks I have come to realise that I hate burning fuel in my car. Really want full electric. And need upright seats for my wife’s back. And wanting 300 miles real world means an iX or waiting for something else to come out

2 Likes

I think the latter is a much better road car. Having spent some time with the new GT3, I will be keeping my “old” one. The new one has a very precise and reactive front end which, on normal roads, can take some work to keep it pointed where you want it to go. Too busy to be fun for more than an hour or two. The Spider on the other hand, would be fun all day…and the next…and the….

1 Like

RSCH

Lovely, may I ask the source for the model. The real one is beyond my reach!

According to Sam of YT SeenThroughGlass channel, with Pirelli PZero Corsa Tyres insteas of MIch. Cup2 the ride is a little calmer with his new GT 3 less sensible to camber and tramlining.
Touring spec. is also supposed to be a little softer than winged one

Hi ClayB
It’s a MInichamps model 1:18 scale also available in other colours. This one is Shark Blue.
I was at the dealer last week to finalize spec. There is also a nice palette of blues and greens on the paint to sample PTS program. The problem is the huge premium required and a specific build slot availability. Shark Blue is very dependant on light it changes a lot with it.
I’m not fully convinced with rims colour in satin black, which i like in isolation and already had on my previous Carrara White Spyder. Being this blue a pretty strong one i’m afraid that
black enhances this further. Alternatively i was going for Platinum Grey rims

1 Like

I have yet to connect with Pirelli’s on any 911, maybe the latest generation are better. Even so, the sharp front end was noticeable even with winter tyres - it’s just gone a step too far for a road car, in my experience.

The touring is curious. On paper it should be the same but I know a couple of people who found it more forgiving. I haven’t driven a 992 touring myself though.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Pirellis, on the previous Spyder, hasd Dunlop Sport Maxx Race 2, pretty good, this one will come with Mich. Cup 2. For me the GT3 winged version has more sense, the Touring is attractive too but i prefered a little ducktail instead of sloping deck when the wing is closed The STG one is a curious mix, manual gearbox, comfy seats, PCCB brakes and Pirellis

1 Like

My wife got me this mug for my birthday pressie which seems appropriate for this thread

15 Likes

And a happy birthday. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you.

Got this epic card from my sister in law

7 Likes

Happy birthday…….when they know what u are thinking……you might as well go for it……

1 Like

Happy Birthday Tim🥳

1 Like

Harry Metcalfe (Harry’s Garage on youtube) was left far from convinced with the 992 GT3. He seemed convinced it has been developed too far in the track set up direction. I think Gordon Murray was quoted to have a very similar opinion. I have not had the good fortune to check this out for myself!

Peter

1 Like

With all this Porsche talk, I had the pleasure of a ride in the yellow peril, piloted by @PeterR of this parish.

What a stunning machine !

13 Likes

Nice. Electric can wait !

6 Likes

Well James, as always it’s tricky to find the space in every day traffic to push the envelope properly. At least it seemed to cause a slight squirrelling in the passenger seat, and I’m chuffed you liked it :beers: Best Peter

2 Likes

I was just getting comfy :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed, you can’t beat a v8 :blush:

5 Likes

My favourite AMG GT

8 Likes