What are you driving and why would we be interested?

I went for the W12 in the end. Everyone says about the fuel economy… I drove to Scotland in January for a funeral and got 25mpg !

2 Likes

You’ll be in for an absolute treat Roberto :checkered_flag::clinking_glasses: Congrats and enjoy Peter

997 gen 1 ? I had a 911.1 I think. It was awesome to drive but kids got too big and wife hated it. So I sold it after Covid as the mice got more use of it than I did

1 Like

That was good, I was happy if I could get 22 mpg :blush:

Yes 997 Gen 1 with full caramel leather interior - a beauty and a dream to drive - a proper car.

Moved house to the back of beyond with country lanes - gave me kittens each time took it out after the move - too many stretches without passing stops and pot holes.

I did enjoy it and glad I owned it but I never look back on it.

Put the leather driving gloves away in the cupboard.

Thank you Peter :grin:

Sussex Porsche Club GB drive this morning nice route, lovely cars, lovely people!

13 Likes

:grin: :grin: :grin: :point_up_2:

1 Like

My local trail for a lazy dog walk - I drive, Bicho runs!

13 Likes

And it is gorgeous to drive. But a bit miffed that the delivery company appear to have driven maybe 20 miles in it over the weekend while at the depot using 7% of the battery

Long term that doesn’t really matter. I have no idea how to do most of the things on the car though :joy: need a training course

Edited to update - the battery might have been used if the timed pre warm was on - some might have gone from three mornings of that happening

8 Likes

I am on the point of being tempted by a nearly new one of these (full size) and was about to ask what you thought of it :joy:

Since production for GT4 Spyder and GTS 718 is ending next june, if you have the opportunity to get one without paying for ADM, go for it. Aesthetically wise is a sort of baby Speedster with a reminescence of 550 and 718 RSK racers. The chassis is a carryover from 991 GT3 and very compliant even on ondulations, crests and uneven surfaces. The engine is a little toned down and muted. manual gearbox has too much tall gearing (2nd & 3rd especially) in fact, i’m getting the new one with PDK. Especially in UK is a very good value sports car.
Hope this helps

Regards
Roberto

Apologies, I was referring to the GT3 (albeit with touring pack) :blush:

We ordered a new BMW i4 in March, 2022 and took delivery in Oct 2022.

It’s our first all electric automobile and our 10th BMW. We love it:

9 Likes

Albeit you found one pre owned, there are no longer allocations available, albeit here in Italy.
I regret not having ordered one last year, with the idea of a Spyder RS

The way I secured an allocation for my 991.2 GT3 was to get my name down as soon as the Gen 1 was released. It was an informal agreement with the dealership, with little idea about what gen2 would bring. At that time, the 4.0 engine and manual gearbox were just rumours and I took a chance to throw my hat in the ring. A manual was a show stopper for me but I knew I could move it on easily enough if it stayed PDK only. None of the 3.8 had set on fire by then !!!

I mention the above to suggest, if serious about an allocation, you need to be discussing the gen 2, not the current vehicle.

in fact, may be the next one in fact if funds will allow. For the GT4RS and forthcoming Spyder RS, have been told no way. Apparently there are strictly 1 -2 cars available per dealer with an average of 20 potential customers for such models

Indeed not, this from another german marque.
Apologies for the pics, there are no scratches on the bonnet or elsewhere; just shiny reflective paintwork!
Previously owned a late ABY S2, which when acquired had been neglected but not abused, engine and bodywork sound. After lots of detailed attention, ran it as a second vehicle for ten years before finding it tiring for long journeys, so moved it on.
Next specced this S7 nearly ten years ago, with several items from the options list, including HUD, lights, steering et al, as its replacement. Goes like … and as long as there is fast open road, 32mpg is easy to achieve. Just been subject to recall for bearing deep inside the V, which also identified tiny water weep, otherwise no issues.

This is definitely not the (sound) hound’s usual transport - I have a RRS for that.

IMG_4462 zoom.JPG

8 Likes

That’s not going to pass “the elk” test… If I remember the original Mercedes A class had to be halted because it didn’t pass this test.

This little machine is eager for some Easter weekend driving…

18 Likes