What are you driving and why would we be interested?

Me and my little Jimny are ready for everything there’s no way you’re seeing us via satellite. :grin:

13 Likes

Lovely car. Could I get my German Shepherd dog in the boot?

1 Like

Yes I think there’s enough room for a German Shepard. We had two golf bags and trollies in the boot without having to drop the seats.

Elwood would say: “It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark… and we’re wearing sunglasses.”
And Jake would respond: “ Hit it”.

4 Likes

… for the next 3 weeks at least! Love it!!

7 Likes

That’s a fcking big camper van :grin:

1 Like

Did you try CarVertical?

It really is! 34 foot, 9.5 tonne. With the slide out sides fully out it’s a beast. Not sure I’d quite appreciated the size when we hired it - that’s the internet for you I suppose!

Good luck trying to reverse park the monster. :grin:

Wow! I’m not even sure my licence would cover me to drive that😮

It gets bigger?!

1 Like

Hi Bobby, are you allowed to rent one of those in the USA with just a standard UK car driver’s licence or do you have an HGV or PSV licence?

We are planning to drive down Pacific Highway 1 next year and this could be a way to do it.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

I have a standard UK car licence (obtained after 1 Jan 97, so 3.5 tonne max in UK). I queried this beforehand and had the rental co confirm in writing that it was fine on my licence. I think the requirements seem to be a credit card and a pulse.

We drove north out of San Fran up highway 1, and we’re heading up the north CA and Oregon coast for a while before returning back inland via Lake Tahoe and Yosemite and returning the RV back to San Fran. We then pick up a car to do the drive south to San Diego - we’ve been told that highway 1 south of San Fran is not suitable for monster RVs (although I’ve never driven it before, others may know better than me). Hope this helps.

1 Like

Don’t you plan a RV route according to Walmarts?

I am honestly alarmed you can drive that on a regular licence!

Bruce

5 Likes

Land of the Free

That is one of best roads in the world to drive and as I recall really only suitable for a car.

When I drove it many years ago I recall down to 10pm on some curves and a number of police on motor bikes to make sure you kept to the speed limit.

Oh perfect, thank you so much. Greatly appreciated.

Have great trip and do let us know how you get on.

Best regards, BF

The end of an era !
I have six Volvo estates all of which have given brilliant service and never let us down .
I currently drive a Skoda Octavia estate…another great car .
0408-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1.png

3 Likes

Hi

Built and raced a Caterham & a few years ago but now run a Nissan ev 200 as it takes my wheelchair, disappointing but I had fun round Spa Francochamps, the Nurbergring, Silverstone, Caldwell parl etc etc…

Ian

2 Likes