What are you driving and why would we be interested?

But Sam of SeenTroughGlass, found that his GT3 fitted with Pirelli P zero Is more compliant than Mich Cup 2 and much more drivable on UK roads

Did you see a preview of new GT3? Powertrain Is supposed to be pretty much unchanged, contrary to 992.2 S or GTS, which sport a sort of electrification. They just launchedd the 992 ST, i can’t figure out how they reached the same 525 PS as GT3. RS without side intakes. This Is another indicator how Porsche Is moving upmarket, playing the same game as Ferrari or even worse

Right up to when he dropped a drive shaft in France - not a happy GT3 owner! Interesting point about the difference tyres can make and I didn’t note what different types of tyre Harry had on the GT3, GTS and Turbo S. He did seem to stand out from the crowd a bit in voicing such concerns about the 992 GT3 on UK roads.

Peter

Agreed - appreciate they have a couple of anniversaries to celebrate, but there seems to be a never ending train of limited edition models which is becoming a bit tiresome (maybe a sign I’m getting old!).

Peter

Not your imagination @AndyP - I have the same problem with my Porsche!!! I have lost count of the number “challengers” I have encountered.

1 Like

I bet they go home “Hey mum I overtook a Porsche today”.

1 Like

In the UK at least there’s one make of car that’s always too close behind regardless of what you’re driving. That seemed to be true of the same make when in Illinois recently.

2 Likes

Try driving in Portugal it is obligatory to travel 1 inch behind the person on front.

1 Like

Or whatever that is in metric.

You’ve not been to France?

2 Likes

I have a place in Deauville so tell me about it.

I was having some work done on the house and I asked my French builder why don’t French people use their indicators for signalling.

He said as only a French man could “They are saving their battery”.

1 Like

Reminds me of when I worked for Ford, we were developing diesel engines with PSA. Our engineers took PSA through our global sign off tests. One of which was snow packing restriction of the engine air intake, this involved closely following a SUV throwing up snow.
Our engineers asked PSA what test did they use……in France we toot the horn and overtake.:joy:

1 Like

I saw that and agree with his findings. On track it’s superb but on anything other than perfect roads, you are constantly correcting.

That was interesting and makes sense. I run PS4S on OEM wheels and Sportmaxx Race on BBS FI-R and the difference in precision and feel is very obvious. Also obvious is the way the latter track tramlines etc.

I have seen the “spy shots” and read up on the rumours. Nothing that particularly peaks my interest, unlike the 991 gen2 changes which brought the 4.0 engine and manual transmission.

More new models than Maclaren. The ST looks amazing, a touring on steroids, but the price and limited production means it will end up being another collectors edition, like the Dakar. I like the concept of the T but its way too fancy and expensive for what its supposed to be.

Not to mention the huge price hike we had this spring, albeit here in Italy. 992T from 128k euro to 138k. GT3 from 184.5 to 200k Fortunately my Spyder was unchanged being a run out

1 Like

Cybertruck? Have you considered the Rivian ute. I’m looking forward to them arriving in Aus.

As much as I like the idea of an electric vehicle the thought of making Mask any wealthier doesn’t sit well with me.

1 Like

The Musk penalty is definitely a thing these days, but I’m not in a rush so will definitely wait to see how the Cybertruck turns out in reality.

Bought a four pack of Apple Air Tags and decided to conceal one in my car.

There are a few YouTube clips on how to remove the speaker from inside the tag - a few minutes and that job is done.

For the sake of £25 it’s a bit of fun and could come in handy one day.

2 Likes

My brother in law in the US puts these things in the family luggage when they fly. To help track them if/when lost I think.

1 Like

Yes I gave two of the four pack to family members. Hid one in the car attached to a piece of Velcro and another in my rucksack.

Friends son had his car nicked but had one of these in the car - he just turned up and drove his car away. The police are not advising you do this though.

4 Likes

45 Likes