What are you driving and why would we be interested?

50 years a Lotus owner? That’s mighty impressive. I can understand why though. The thrill I got from driving my Lotus was never really bettered, even with much faster and more expensive cars.

A supercharged 111R sounds like a lot of fun. I used to love the kick (and the noise!) when the high lift cam profile kicked in.

1 Like

Evora rebody you say? What about the ten tonne ten tonne Eletre?! Colin Chapman must be rolling in his patch of earth! Same with Ferrari and their ‘not an SUV’ monster. Worth a read of the letter of the week in this week’s Autocar where a chap butchered his old Lotus, yanked out all the petrol engine components and replaced with electric gubbins. No increase in vehicle weight. Possibly not quite up to today’s robust standards (!) but I found it very refreshing that someone had the initiative to produce such a great vehicle in their back yard.

Peter

Caterham are trying, they are aiming for sub 1200kg. Twice a Seven, but light for an EV.

Bruce

Of course ! Not to mention the suv. Unfortunately the next step for Lotus Will be on full electric and so will do Porsche with next gen. 718

Not mine (thankfully) however we don’t see many cars of this calibre in Gloucester-NSW.

Not sure what the cops were doing probably just looking.

6 Likes

Pete

What is it? Mclaren perhaps?

Looks like a McLaren 765LT.

1 Like

I hope that is not the owner’s guide dog.

Bruce

3 Likes

C’est magnifique.
Someone I know restored one he found in a barn in Brittany. The only thing he contracted out was the upholstery which he did in cream with chocolate piping. He bought body panels from any old car from the scrappy and taught himself the art of spraying. He did it in pale green metallic (think chocolate limes colour) and it looked amazing. He got a knock one door one day from a BBC researcher who asked if could they could “hire” it for a detective series. For the right price he agreed but they painted it black. Part of the deal was it got a professional respray back to the pale green after filming. A result!

6 Likes

Not the sports cars most of you guys drive but I’m in Canada and live near the mountains so it’s practical.

13 Likes

Nice ute, and practical. Our version has been one of the biggest selling cars in Aus for years.

2 Likes

I think people in North America are jealous of the fact you guys get the HiLux and we don’t!

Think that’s a problem with the Ford Ranger/Everest as well, the US gets a different medium sized ute that’s not as good. The Ford is actually out selling the Hi Lux at present but there’s a newer version coming that’s a huge improvement and we start getting the Tacoma soon as well.

The Mentalist?

9 Likes

I just bought my Tacoma but was aware of the redesign for 2024. I don’t trust buying the first year of a new car and prefer to wait a few years until all the new bugs are worked out. The 2023 I have has been in production since 2016 and is tried and proven and I was glad to snag one before they are gone. Had to wait 2 months to get it after I ordered one.

1 Like

My 7 year old grandson seems to have mastered this, he drives faster than I would (or could)

3 Likes

Love the square lines of the Jimny … very practical.

1 Like

I imagine racing rules require shoes … :grin:

Getting him to wear a helmet is hard enough but you are right he should. Unfortunately I’m just the grandparent not the parent.

Ahh yes, I run into that condition myself with the grand kids. Sometimes it’s just cultural things like saying please or thank you occasionally, or things like that. We only have two GKs from one of our daughters and one is naturally polite and the other isn’t, so it must be a character trait, I guess.

1 Like