What are you driving and why would we be interested?

2017 Toyota Prius Prime.
Why? 3650 k’s per tank of gas with my schedule. (And its not Uber :grimacing:)
Yes everybody loves to past me even when im driving to the speed limit, I just smile on the way home to my Nap 500.
A little bit like James Cook watching “kaffir” eat pumpkin under the palm tree.

1 Like

A Summer evening in September and an open road…….perfect

15 Likes

Morgan?:thinking:

3 Likes

Indeed :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Nice, which variant?

Plus 4 year and a half old.

1 Like

Very nice and that BMW engine is a thing of engineering beauty. I believe my new Z4 (to be delivered in November🤞🏼) has the same engine😊

1 Like

Hi, it does, it’s a great engine, the Morgan comes in at just over 900 kilos so it is a bit rapid, not as refined as the Z4 but great for sunny days.

1 Like

Interesting cars, went for run in a friends a few months ago.

Really depends on the model and the year and what you want from a car, the new generation certainly would upset the traditional owner, it looks the same
To the untrained eye, but under the skin is a different beastie, I really just want to drive it not spend the long winter nights rebuilding a classic,
Each to their own on that one :joy:

2 Likes

I drive a Mini Cooper SE (electric) and it goes like a little go kart. I love it!

12 Likes

Looks great. What’s the range like?

In the summer, I get as much as 150 miles. In the winter, it’s less of course, but it’s ample for me.

Still driving my Ford Focus estate. It has now done 174k miles and still hss the original clutch and DMF.

Looking for a change however. Anyone tried the Jaguar XF Sportsbreak? The Merc C class is out of the question as it doesn’t have a heated windscreen.

1 Like

Ah, the heated windscreen, one of Ford’s best things imo!

1 Like

Yep……and they never really exploited it🥺

2 Likes

Volvo estates with ‘winter packs’ (which almost everyone ticks) have heated front screens. Such a good thing. I’d pick one over a Jag XF any day, not least for reliability. I had three Volvo estates in a row and they never missed a beat. JLR have a poor reputation and costs for repair are high. I’d want an extended warranty!

Bruce

3 Likes

Totally love it.

This might be an issue for anyone that owns or is thinking of purchasing a new EV.

I can’t make any sense of this. Apparently, the battery was detached from a luxury electric car, but how do you ‘detach’ an EV battery outside of a repair garage? According to the Guardian the battery had been damaged.