What are you driving and why would we be interested?

When I was 5, I cracked my head open at school and had to be rushed to hospital. My teacher had a cream coloured Cinquecento. That was my one and only trip in one but it didn’t put me off! They are a beautiful looking thing and the engineering purity just appeals to me.

1 Like

Had the convertible, back in the day, the older version if you like

In my personal experience fast on a straight line but a bit of a boring car. Then, somewhat in desperation, went on to fit the M exhaust for more fun … made me feel sillier not more fun. Lasted just over a year. Was foolish to sell my BRZ that I had before that:)

Yes

In her hometown…

5 Likes

Latest

While waiting to do my MOT I saw this little beauty there. Fully restored 1962 MGA 1600
mkll. :sunglasses:

27 Likes

Beautiful car. Still a joy I’m sure. What amazes me these days, on those very rare occasions when I actually see one, is how small they are. Here in the US, where everything is SUV, you can’t help but think, what if I had an accident in that!

1 Like

I met the owner when I was as about to leave and he was just over 6ft tall. Didn’t seem to bother him but, as you said, the car is quite compact but perfectly formed. It weighs about 900kg of solid metal and a respectable 0-60 in under ( just for @Guinnless ) 14 seconds. Good ones selling for around 35-40k.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

A ‘1’ missing off the front of the elapsed time perhaps? :thinking:

1 Like

That was downhill with some strong wind behind it. :grin:
Official figures says 13.7s. :sunglasses:

1 Like

When we bought our BRZ salesman described it as being fun without trying to kill you.
I must admit it is just a pity no longer available new

1 Like

Nice ride, I should test drive one.
I had a 1970 mini cooper S … now that was a fun drive …

2 Likes

Just a general question …
Does anyone on the thread drive a Jag F-Type?
I’m curious, as I think they are gorgeous and they seem well put together. I was thinking the four wheel drive version with the smaller engine. It won’t be easy massaging the wife into a purchase, so I want to ensure its a good move. Its still a few years off tho.

I had one for 4 years and it was great. Mine was the 2wd, 3.0 V6S convertible. I did about 50k miles in it and it didn’t miss a beat. I would thoroughly recommend.

One of my reasons for selling it (as well as I’d had it for 4 years and who doesn’t love a change) was that we moved house to a place with a long and slightly up hill driveway and the rear wheel drive getting up there in the snow wasn’t great, but if you’re looking at 4wd, then problem solved!

1 Like

My current lease on my BMW is up in March and I have been dismayed at the cost of cars post Covid. To replace the car I currently have would be £550 more each month which is just ridiculous. So been hunting around for a good deal. Not sure if Mercedes are stopping production of EQC’s but they are being advertised at very competitive prices. Mine arrives in January.

3 Likes

Great car there’s a blue one we see regularly in town that looks fantastic.

1 Like

Very limited supply in UK and then only as a two seater , it’s also one of the few 4x4 that makes sense on our narrow knackered country roads

I saw one last week with a sign that said, " your car may be faster , but I can go places you can’t"

5 Likes

We leave ours with the back seats folded down you’d need to be 10 and under to use them. Apart from that it’s the only car I’ve ever had that appreciated it’s worth more now than what I paid for it. We love it it’s the thinking man’s hatchback.

4 Likes

I’m given to believe the financing costs are equally behind some of the contract costs increases. Some friends have been looking at ‘contracts’ recently, their gaze focused on who is carrying the ‘residuals’ risks, as there are press reports about high-quality EV’s being difficult to shift 2nd-hand — I wonder if this realisation/factor is biting through the quoted terms too?

1 Like

Old Discovery 4 SDV6 8 speed…use it for hauling a 1.75 ton caravan. But as the years/miles have gathered now at 90k … she is running so well. 130 mile trip to Lincoln…46mpg average!!! for a 2.5ton 4wd … not bad at all.

1 Like

Really liked mine.

1 Like