What are you driving and why would we be interested?

If you are in a hurry, the new Tesla Roadster. Personally I’ve downsized my car to an electric Mini - Cooper, perfect for the city.

0 - 100km/h (0 - 60) < 1 sec,

1 Like

151k for a Tesla? Or if you don’t mind something a little slower - a mere 2.1s -but with lots of class, you can always get one of these for a couple of extra ££££s. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is it only me that doesn’t consider modern Ferraris ‘classy’?

Never aspired to one as a fantasy millionaire. Maybe a classic; a nicely restored Dino, or a 288 GTO perhaps

Good job I will never have that dilemma :smile:

Bruce

1 Like

I really don’t like their convertibles, something just seems wrong. As for owning one apart from the fact I couldn’t afford one I think it’s not a good look once you’ve gone past 50, looks like you’re trying just a too hard imo. :grin:

3 Likes

It is a Toyota Yaris Cross. I picked it up from my Toyota dealer this afternoon.

2 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

I get your point but the 458 - above - is a modern classic imho. Beautiful lines and quite affordable in terms of Ferraris. Now if ones had money to splash - and I’m talking obscene here - then look no further than my all time favourite the 250GTO LM! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Blimey! I need me specks on…:sunglasses:

Cross? It looks downright miffed.

Haha, it must have the hump: I expect it was happy with his mates in the show room.

Normally not a huge fan of mustangs but this did look pretty good in the flesh.

8 Likes

Oh dear!!!

Love the Group B T16 and I still miss my 205…

12 Likes

I used to have a grey 205GTI - just like (it seemed) everybody else in London at the time! I remember soon after I got it, on one particular saturday morning, my head feeling a little fuzzy from the night before, coming out of the front door of the house and, not quite sure of where I had parked it, I headed for the grey 205 GTI nearest the door. Only problem was, I couldn’t unlock the door. I realised it was the wrong car. So I looked and sure enough there was another one. That one must be mine, surely? Surely not… I soon realised that in that street alone there were four other metallic grey 205 GTIs! Not quite so soon, I discovered that none of them were mine. In the end I found mine parked around the corner on another street entirely.

It was a pretty car and in many ways it drove much better than the Golf GTI Mk1 I had before, however, the build was fairly flimsy, the red carpets rather garish, and the fact that there were so many of the damned things everywhere rather put me off.

9 Likes

Pre covid we picked up a convertible Mustang at Alamo in the middle of the Disney campus. Top down with my daughter up front, wife in the rear………bless my wife, she looked like she had just come out of a tumble dryer😂

3 Likes

There weren’t that many in St Albans although there was a one of the first 1.9 versions around the town. It was grey! :wink:

They did handle really well and the only problem I encountered was a breaking throttle cable while driving! Car behind wasn’t to impressed as it suddenly slowed down. Got it home by turning the idle up fully and crawled along using 1st and 2nd gear. Happy days!

1 Like

One of the others was probably mine. Also, the electrics were demonic. I used smoke in those days but the dashboard smoked more than I did! :joy:
But we did have some fun through the streets of St. John’s Wood all the same. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I don’t have a head for convertibles but I did enjoy thr drive down from San Francisco to LA along the coast in a new Camaro.

1 Like

They fetch good money now!

My mate’s former Peugeot dealer work colleague owns a T16, from new I think.

1 Like

Hope you had a good show today, it was my intention, to pop down and say hello, however things didn’t go to plan and a visit to Hull Royal Infirmary happened instead.

When are you next out n about with Duncan’s Mine 2 .

1 Like