What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Dubxanne - Police In Dub Re-Synchronised.

I’ve always been a fan of the original “Police In Dub” album, which does exactly wot it says on the tin … a slightly bonkers dub treatment of many top choons from the Police.

Now there’s this fresh reworking of the original, re-imagined by DJ and mixer Rob Smith, (RSD).

If you enjoyed the original album, this one’s on Tidal too, so have a listen … it’s great! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thought i would give this a spin after @johnt prompted me.

7 Likes

Thanks for this.

Just noticed though that the track labelled “Love Song” on TIDAL (and on Qobuz) is a different song entirely. That’s a shame.

• Just discovered that the track immediately prior to the one labelled “Love Song” on Disc 1 (labelled incorrectly as “Fortieth Floor”) is actually the proper version of “Love Song”.
1 Like

15 Likes

Royal Scam [1976]

It would have been rude to just play the one…

16 Likes

Getting through the excellent catalog of Joachim Kuhn albums…

1 Like

@gazza where did you get this? Is it a download as CD is priced around £40. Thanks Andy

All of Nev’s stuff is worth a listen.

This is a recent discovery for me and I’m really enjoying it. The same trio have a couple of albums on ECM, which of course have the ECM sound. This doesn’t, but it’s no worse for that, and is a super recording.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible [2001]

4 Likes

13 Likes

Sam Cooke - Night Beat . On a par with Ain’t that good news for me . Night beat was recorded with a handful of Cooke’s trusted musicians over a few late night sessions in 1963 . Sam Cooke at his best .

7 Likes

16 Likes

Inspired by watching the film Judy this afternoon and her final performance in London of Over The Rainbow which reminded me of the many times I saw John Martyn perform it.

image image image

Richard

11 Likes

Are you by any chance going to see the film of the 24th Feb 1969 gig at The RAH latter this month!

1 Like

I did not know it was on but thanks for the tip, Richard.:+1:

Sorry Andy its one from my Faces days…i bought everything they did…probably 30 years ago

1 Like

14 Likes

Josh Ritter - Fever Breaks. I’ve listened to this new album three times now and it’s a cracker. Produced by Jason Isbell and Jason and his band play on the album. If you like Jason Isbell, then this will be right up your street.

1 Like