What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

2 Likes

Supertramp - Crime Of The Century.

17 Likes

14 Likes

Englewood Cliffs, NJ
September 1965, released December 1977
CD on Impulse!

one of the last sessions with the great quartet…

4 Likes

Imelda May, Life. Love. Flesh. Blood.

I had an earlier album of hers that I really liked and noticed this album get a lot of air time on this thread.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek - Paths, Prints

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Wood Flutes, Percussion), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Eberhard Weber (Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on this afternoon with more of the fantastic music from Jan and friends, this is one beautiful and talented quartet and one very sweet album!

7 Likes

Lloyd Cole Guesswork

7 Likes

Lucinda Williams excellent Car Wheels on a Gravel Road.

10 Likes

The Beatles, Help.

12 Likes

An excellent choice :+1:

1 Like

It was murky walking the dog this morning, which always brings to mind old England, the mists rolling at our feet as we walked across the fields.

4 Likes

The mist has lifted and this cheery album matches the mood. I don’t have any recordings of his operas but these overtures are favourites of mine.

2 Likes

Chick Corea Trio - Trilogy 2 - 2019 Concord / EU CD x 2 / CJA 00183

The performances/skills of all three participants is outstandingly good. Sound quality is amazing too.

Disc 1

1. How Deep Is the Ocean
  2. 500 Miles High
  3. Crepuscule with Nellie
  4. Work
  5. But Beautiful
  6. La Fiesta

Disc 2

1. Eiderdown
  2. All Blues
  3. Pastime Paradise
  4. Now He Sings, Now He Sobs
  5. Serenity
  6. Lotus Blossom

7 Likes

97e9262c5d9c42554cdce12ab83e2d7bcc90e6e1_2_494x500

18 Likes

Recorded live in the open air at 5am, this is a wonderfully atmospheric album.

2 Likes

I’m seeing Graham Parker in Bury St Edmunds next month so I’ve been listening to this album for the first time for several years.
I’d forgotten how good a song writer he is.
He’s still producing new material but I hope he plays one or two of the old ones as they have aged well.

7 Likes

15 Likes

Now playing…

Paul Motian - The Windmills of Your Mind

Paul Motian (drums), Bill Frisell (guitar), Thomas Morgan (bass) and Petra Haden (voice).

Streaming on NAS… A recent arrival, ripped to NAS and now taking out for a spin. The album was recorded in 2011 to celebrate Paul’s 80th birthday and features a fantastic quartet. The opening couple of tracks are sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album.

7 Likes

Still enjoying the Abbey Road box set and presently playing the sessions discs.

15 Likes

Enjoying this one !

10 Likes