What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Dusty in Memphis . Pure Class !

15 Likes

Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Gospel Train. Incredible voice ! She was a Gospel singer who pushed the boundaries by adding a rhythm section and performing in concert halls . She inspired many that followed including Nina Simone, Elvis , Little Richard…

7 Likes

Lowell George - Thanks I’ll Eat It Here

lowell

I’m starting the day with some old, which is not my usual preference. But I fancied hearing the definitive version of Allen Toussaint’s What Do You Want The Girl To Do? The rest is a delight too.

6 Likes

Dave Edmunds - Chronicles, an excellent overview of his career and his version of Rock’n’Roll music.

9 Likes

On CD:-

Wildwood Kin - Wildwood Kin

This arrived in the post today, a steal at £4 from the river. Ok it did not have the impact of the original but this 2009 stereo remix of Tubular Bells is a joy to listen to, and it stopped me reading.

9 Likes

18 Likes

I have to agree with you, even if I haven’t listen to it on vinyl yet.
The CD edition sounds great, but I will have to spin my vinyl soon to compare.
MArco :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Doug Dillard & Gene Clark - The Fantastic Expediton of Dillard & Clark
Great vocals from Gene and superb pickin’ from Doug, possibly the album that started country rock,

3 Likes

London. July 1994
Produced by David Mottley!
CD on Sony

4 Likes

William Elliott Whitmore - Field Songs
This guy can sing and has the voice of an old gospel preacher. Blues and gospel converged to become country, backed by his guitar, banjo and stomp box

5 Likes

13 Likes

Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
A punt for a Pound.

7 Likes

Marcel Dettmann. Dettmann. 2010.

Now playing…

Malia - Ripples (Echoes of Dreams)

Streaming on TIDAL… a mention from @Ian above had me search for ‘Yellow Daffodils’ on tidal, not available so a random selection of another album and taking ‘Ripples’ out for a spin. The first couple of tracks are sounding mighty fine!

7 Likes

Better Oblivion Community Center - Self Titled

18 Likes

Nice trio album, Chick being the main man in this one…

5 Likes

15 Likes

On ancient s/h vinyl

Why? Not played any FZ in ages. The only problem I have with him is looks like the weasel who stole my 2nd wife…

steve

12 Likes